PDA

View Full Version : My first day!!!

weeteeny
07-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Hi everyone!

am really excited today as it's my first day minding and so far so good:D -have a full time 3yr old girl and her 5yr old big brother for after school care.
kids are from a family where the dad used to beat the mum up(in front of them) and nearly killed her once,:angry: so am very aware of their behaviour-mum has left the husband and moved to a different area, so kids have new school/nursery, new house and new childminder(me).:panic:
the mum told me the boy sometimes has an imaginary friend when he is a bit upset,will find out later after school how he is coping.
had a nice morning with the wee girl.both her and my DS have just finished lunch so am catching a quick 5 mins while they are playing.

will keep you all posted as to how it goes.:thumbsup:

sarah707
07-01-2008, 12:46 PM
So glad it's going well! It might take a while for them to open up to you... but you sound like the sort of person they'd want to talk to... enjoy the rest of your day! x

angeldelight
07-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Have a great day and hope it all goes well for you

Keep us posted

Angel xx

emler
07-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Glad day one seems to be going well for you

Emler x

Lou
07-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Good luck, hope your day goes well.

Let us know later how it all went!!!!

carolinel
07-01-2008, 01:12 PM
oh what a horrible thing for those poor children to go through, at least now they are out of it and can start a new life.

Glad it's going well, good luck with the 5 year old after school.

LittleMissSparkles
07-01-2008, 01:49 PM
good luck with the rest of your day honey x

Spangles
07-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Bless their hearts, that's something that will probably stay with them for life now.

I am glad your first day is going so well, sounds like they will be really happy with you.

Let us know how it goes later.

wellybelly
07-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Well done, glad you're enjoying it. You sound perfect for them.

jo f
07-01-2008, 07:09 PM
HERE HERE! Sounds like you are going to be so good for them. Hopefuly they will be able to have a bit of the happy/ safe environment every child should be able to experience to be able to do what they should be doing- Being children. What a shame for the three of them. Its surprising how for granted I take family life

Trouble
07-01-2008, 07:19 PM
hope you had a good day:clapping:

deeb66
08-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Glad to hear you had a good day yesterday.

How did today go?

Cammie Doodle
08-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Well done . :thumbsup: Hope the little boy was ok after school, hang in there you are giving the children and their Mum some normality. It amazing how we all take simple things in life for granted. Children I fostered years ago (now grown up) come visit me and tell me what a difference we made to their lives!! We really did not think we had done anything special, but we must of done something to help. Bless them :)

miffy
09-01-2008, 07:50 AM
How was the little boy after school?

Hope all was well - what some children have to cope with in such short lives is beyond belief

Miffy xx

lindylou
09-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Hope the rest of your day went okay and the children had a good time
Lindaxxx

weeteeny
09-01-2008, 11:12 AM
hi everyone.

thanks for all the good wishes. first day went brilliant!!:clapping:
the little girl settled in fine and when i picked the little boy up from school he was an angel:)
so far so good with them,the little girl did say to me on monday that sometimes mummy is a bad girl, when i asked why,she said it's bacause dad hit her... i replied that her mummy was not bad and that no-one should hit anybody because it wasn't very nice.(i was in so much shock i wasn't sure what to say!)
it's kinda bringing stuff back from my childhood that has been kinda locked away in my head for 20 odd yrs.(look at my first posts)

loving every minute of this:laughing:
thanks again guys for all your support:thumbsup:

deeb66
09-01-2008, 01:47 PM
hi everyone.

thanks for all the good wishes. first day went brilliant!!:clapping:
the little girl settled in fine and when i picked the little boy up from school he was an angel:)
so far so good with them,the little girl did say to me on monday that sometimes mummy is a bad girl, when i asked why,she said it's bacause dad hit her... i replied that her mummy was not bad and that no-one should hit anybody because it wasn't very nice.(i was in so much shock i wasn't sure what to say!)
it's kinda bringing stuff back from my childhood that has been kinda locked away in my head for 20 odd yrs.(look at my first posts)

loving every minute of this:laughing:
thanks again guys for all your support:thumbsup:

Sounds like you said the right sort of thing as it not right that the little girl thinks that anyone can hit someone else just because they think a person was bad.

I too would have been in shock but think you coped really well.....well done

Mollymop
09-01-2008, 02:18 PM
I am so glad you had such a good first day. How sad to read about the little ones having to witness their father beating their mummy, bless their little cotton socks. :(
Have a good day today. XXX:)

chubbymummy
09-01-2008, 02:22 PM
well done it sounds like you are coping really well. you answered a tricky question the came out of the blue really well.

Cammie Doodle
09-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Well done at handling a tricky question. If I was you I would put these comments/ or any incidents in a little book just in case anyone ie Mum , social services etc ever come visiting or call on your expertise. You will have a record of this, just a quick note time and date would be plenty info.