PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about pasta bake!

smurfette
28-05-2014, 10:59 AM
So I made pasta yesterday mixed it up for a pasta bake and stuck it in the fridge for lunch today. Today I have baked it in oven, but not all eaten., can I reheat it again (even if I have to freeze it) or has it already been reheated since I made the pasta fresh yesterday and baked it in oven today?!

Lal
28-05-2014, 11:10 AM
The pasta has already been cooked, cooled and reheated so shouldn't be reheated again- even if the rest of the ingredients have only been cooked once. Hope that makes sense.

loocyloo
28-05-2014, 11:26 AM
I would put portion sizes in a bowl and zap in the microwave until piping hot.

smurfette
28-05-2014, 11:26 AM
The pasta has already been cooked, cooled and reheated so shouldn't be reheated again- even if the rest of the ingredients have only been cooked once. Hope that makes sense.

That's what I thought , I never reheat food twice., ok thanks a mil! So in future I would be better making the pasta right before I put it in the oven then it will be only cooked once and I can reheat again?

Lal
28-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Loocyloo, I probably would risk eating it myself, but would not feed it to a mindee as you should only reheat stuff once.

Murphf- if you cooked the pasta then put it straight in the oven as bake (so it stayed hot), then yes you would be able to reheat it.

loocyloo
28-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Loocyloo, I probably would risk eating it myself, but would not feed it to a mindee as you should only reheat stuff once.

Murphf- if you cooked the pasta then put it straight in the oven as bake (so it stayed hot), then yes you would be able to reheat it.

I hadn't read it properly ... ( can't do roll eyes smiley on phone!) Yes if pasta cooked day before then I wouldn't reheat again. I always cook pasta for a bake as I'm cooking the bake and therefore would reheat as it's only once. ( but only reheat portion sizes rather than the whole thing )

munch149
28-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Again I would eat it myself but wouldn't give it to mindee

smurfette
28-05-2014, 03:44 PM
The dog is in luck tonight! Luckily not that much left as thought I had one mindee staying to lunch then didn't.. Hate wasting it but not worth the risk and it's not a waste if I save on dog food I guess!

Maza
28-05-2014, 04:11 PM
I would eat it myself and give it to hubby but not a mindee. DD is very sensitive and so she keeps me on my toes as she would probably just vomit if I didn't follow rules to a tee!

wee_elf
28-05-2014, 04:26 PM
I would eat it myself....as I am really greedy!!! :D

alex__17
28-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Yeah I'd eat it myself and give it to husband but wouldn't risk feeding to my son or mindees just in case!

smurfette
28-05-2014, 07:16 PM
There wasn't any meat in it it was just pasta and sauce and cheese and veggies so really probably very little risk..
Anyway I had luckily made too much pasta so had made a seperate one for us this pm
Which dh polished off so everyone happy!