PDA

View Full Version : Parents. AARRRGGHHHHH!!

squeely wheely
27-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Im pregnant at the moment and quite frankly I am knackered, Working 12 hour days mon-fri. Then one of the parents email me asking if I can look after their child, not for 12 hours as usual but 14.5 hours 0700-2130hrs OMG!! I was thinking about it until my husband said are you crazy look at you you're hardly awake at 6pm. So I told them because I'm pregnant that I cant work outside my usual hours and they are being really funny about it. saying sarcastic things when they bring her in the morning, "oh you are ok to look after her then" hhuuummmmmm.....

AliceK
27-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Im pregnant at the moment and quite frankly I am knackered, Working 12 hour days mon-fri. Then one of the parents email me asking if I can look after their child, not for 12 hours as usual but 14.5 hours 0700-2130hrs OMG!! I was thinking about it until my husband said are you crazy look at you you're hardly awake at 6pm. So I told them because I'm pregnant that I cant work outside my usual hours and they are being really funny about it. saying sarcastic things when they bring her in the morning, "oh you are ok to look after her then" hhuuummmmmm.....

RUDE :angry: I would be fuming.

I don't give a reason very often if I can't do something I just say I'm sorry I can't I'm afraid. You do not need to justify anything to anyone. I am angry on your behalf.

xxxx

squeely wheely
27-05-2014, 04:30 PM
RUDE :angry: I would be fuming.

I don't give a reason very often if I can't do something I just say I'm sorry I can't I'm afraid. You do not need to justify anything to anyone. I am angry on your behalf.

xxxx

Thanks Alice, I'm glad it's not just me then

alex__17
27-05-2014, 07:33 PM
I would also say no, sorry and not give a reason. You pick your hours you need some time to yourself

Koala
27-05-2014, 08:29 PM
saying sarcastic things when they bring her in the morning, "oh you are ok to look after her then" hhuuummmmmm...

Cheeky mare - you should have said - well somebody has to because your not are you?

line6
27-05-2014, 08:36 PM
saying sarcastic things when they bring her in the morning, "oh you are ok to look after her then" hhuuummmmmm... Cheeky mare - you should have said - well somebody has to because your not are you?

Totally agree!

rickysmiths
27-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Gosh I would have had a letter ready for her to sign confirming that she would be collecting at the normal time because you will not be able to do the additional hours. One copy for her and one for you.

I would also make it clear that if she just doesn't come, at five mins past the normal collection time you will be on the phone to Social Services asking for them to make arrangements for her intentionally abandoned child to be collected and put into care until she can be bothered to collect them.

I would be very very cross with attitude like that.

Nogin
29-05-2014, 07:54 AM

Dear god what the heck do these parents want from us? Hell what not go the hole hog and just bring the kid up for them and return them back once they have finished university and have a degree. Lol

I would be furious! 0700-21.30 the parents really need a live in nanny! Why bother having kids if you don't want to spend time with them.

trickiedickie
29-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Oh what a rude and disrespectful, self entitled ..... that parent is. I would be livid.

line6
30-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Feeling very sorry for the child! I realise everyone has their own values and circumstances but this is really sad for the child.

Stick to your guns and say no for your own sake nd maybe they will realise a child needs their parents sometimes!