PDA

View Full Version : Tax time

jackie 7
26-05-2014, 07:18 PM
So I did my shopping. Planned lunches. Then just had to start. Yes tax time. Wish I would do what I planned and do it as I go along. Want to get them in by the end of June. What a way to spend my bank holiday.

Pixie dust
26-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Just completed mine for the last tax year....next job SEF :(

LizP
26-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Hi I'm new to this and not minding until August but when u say do it as you go along, what do you mean? Adding receipts and recording incomings and outgoings weekly/monthly in your accounts book?

Sorry for the daft questions x

tulip0803
26-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Hi I'm new to this and not minding until August but when u say do it as you go along, what do you mean? Adding receipts and recording incomings and outgoings weekly/monthly in your accounts book?

I try to add things to my accounts each night - that way it takes seconds rather than letting it build up into a time consuming chore. I use an excel sheet that happytoddlers posted on the forum on this post http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/book-keeping-accounts-tax-expenses-national-insurance/104599-book-keeping-excel-workbook-updated.html - if you go towards the end of the thread you will find an up-to-date version for this tax year. It works everything out as I go along:thumbsup:

Pixie dust
26-05-2014, 08:35 PM

I use a PACEY accounts book where every week you record all your expenses then there are pages to record all your income. You need to keep all your receipts for childminding expenses and record any mileage you do. There is a helpful information section in the free resources here on the forum.

k1rstie
27-05-2014, 12:16 PM
I have the world worse memory. I fill my expenses form in at least once a day. By tomorrow morning, I might have forgotten what I did this morning. By the weekend I would have defiantly forgotten. I spend a few minutes each week adding it up, and put this figure on a yearly monthly chart. Then at the end of the month add these up. I keep a running total throughout the year.

Come the end of the tax year, I have two figures for income and expenses , I just the utility bills and my interest statement from the bank. My tax return was done last night and only took a few minutes.

I am very disorganised, but am organised when it comes to my attendance and my expenses.

LizP
27-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Ok this is really helpful, thanks everyone.

I think I will read into it on here and use the resources. I will prob use the PACEY accounts book, keeping notes in my diary and keeping receipts. I won't have any children on a Friday so I may do my books then.

Xx

Chatterbox Childcare
27-05-2014, 07:01 PM
I have a page per day diary and everything goes in there, including all the receipts. Once I transfer the data to my spreadsheet I staple it in weeks and put it in an envelope in the roof. I can do my books whenever I want this way