PDA

View Full Version : keep getting invoices wrong!

buzzy bee
24-05-2014, 11:48 AM
I find it so hard to use my brain and when children are funded so don't pay for all the hours I find it especially hard.

One of my mums has queried invoices twice now and I've been wrong.

It's so embarrassing and I don't want her to think I'm trying to pull a fast one or that I'm so stupidi can't get simple maths right!!

Kiddleywinks
24-05-2014, 12:15 PM
How are you laying your invoices out? Maybe that's what's confusing things?

I like keeping things simple (simple is as simple does lol)

(Amount of hours care) for week/month commencing (date)
Less (funded hours) = amount of paid hours
Paid hours @ rate = £amount due

amyp
24-05-2014, 01:01 PM
I sent out an invoice 5 times to a mum this week because every time she sent it back mentioning a different mistake!!!! Bad day!!

Chatterbox Childcare
24-05-2014, 03:01 PM
I sent out an invoice 5 times to a mum this week because every time she sent it back mentioning a different mistake!!!! Bad day!!

Get a spreadsheet invoice that calculates it all for you and don't do them when you are stressed.

amyp
24-05-2014, 09:27 PM
I don't charge bank holidays or school holidays so I think I was extra confused this month!

samb
24-05-2014, 10:33 PM
I have been minding for 4 years and in that time I have changed my invoicing techniques 4 times lol! I have finally got it in a way that it works most things out for me. I also have had parents noticing mistakes I have made and yes it is embarrassing but as long as you can work out what you have done wrong and change it quickly with. Big apology and make extra efforts with them the following month asking for them to check for mistakes just in case they have always been pretty understanding.