PDA

View Full Version : Hellllp

Smileyface
24-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Good Morning
It's Saturday and I'm thinking about work...
Here's the problem...
I have my own two children
X 4 starting full time school in sept
I have had enquiry for an 11 month old and her brother who's 4 he's starting full time school in sept same as my son.
Now can I do settling in before sept? As I'll be over my numbers won't i? How do people get around this or is there no way.
Thank you so much in advance

loocyloo
24-05-2014, 07:45 AM
The only way you could do settling would be to have mum there. Maybe she could sit somewhere else and read whilst you play? X

k1rstie
24-05-2014, 07:47 AM
Congrats on getting new children. You could do separate settling in sessions. I think the September term starts on the 1st September, as the EYFS date runs until the 31st August. You could do your selling for both kids together from the 1st, before school starts. Reception classes often do a staggered start, so you will probably have loads of tine at the start of term

shrinking3
24-05-2014, 08:08 AM
It's not ideal I know but having been in this situation myself I invited lo to visit on saturday and sunday. Sometimes using ur weekend for settling in is worth it in the long run x

Chatterbox Childcare
24-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Are you losing your 4 starting school? maybe have half days with them in the last week of the holidays?

Smileyface
25-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Hello no I'm not loosing them I'll be having them all in sept when
X2 x will be full time school
X2
X11 months old is that ok?

blue bear
26-05-2014, 01:13 PM
So you have a two year old and a four year old of your own.

In September you have an eleven month old and four year old sibling starting.
Both four year olds will be in full time school.

Yes that fine as the two older ones count as rising fives when in full time school and leaves you one under five space still available.

You can either have mum stay for settling in sessions or have one child visit at a time before the two older ones start full time school or you will be over your numbers.

blue bear
26-05-2014, 01:15 PM
It's not ideal I know but having been in this situation myself I invited lo to visit on saturday and sunday. Sometimes using ur weekend for settling in is worth it in the long run x

But she will still be over her numbers even at the weekend as the two year old and four year old are her own children.

FussyElmo
26-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Also another thing to think about is do they go full time straight away at school.

If they are doing staggered starts they c=only become "rising 5's" when they are full time

k1rstie
26-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Also another thing to think about is do they go full time straight away at school. If they are doing staggered starts they c=only become "rising 5's" when they are full time

I think they are rising 5's right from the beginning of September, it's the schools decision when they actually start, staggered or not.

I wonder if schools get full funding for children on a staggers start ?

blue bear
26-05-2014, 05:04 PM
I think they are rising 5's right from the beginning of September, it's the schools decision when they actually start, staggered or not.

I wonder if schools get full funding for children on a staggers start ?

They are only rising fives once doing ten sessions a week. Morning and afternoon Monday -Friday, confirmed by dfe. They count in under five numbers while attending school part time.

shortstuff
26-05-2014, 05:35 PM
I agree its full time which makes them a rising 5 :-)