PDA

View Full Version : One child is so much harder than 4!

Mouse
23-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Friday is my day off, but I have worked this morning as a favour to one parent. I usually have 3 or 4 EYs children each day, so thought having just the one here today would be a doddle. Boy, was I wrong!!

He's been totally bored with no other children here and he didn't even try to hide the look of absolute horror on his face when I said I would play with him :p

shortstuff
23-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Friday is my day off, but I have worked this morning as a favour to one parent. I usually have 3 or 4 EYs children each day, so thought having just the one here today would be a doddle. Boy, was I wrong!!

He's been totally bored with no other children here and he didn't in any way try to hide the look of absolute horror on his face when I said I would play with him :p

Oh thats tough. Hope your day improved x

Mouse
23-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Oh thats tough. Hope your day improved x

It did once he'd gone home ;)

shortstuff
23-05-2014, 01:33 PM
It did once he'd gone home ;)

Oh no x enjoy the rest of your day n the bank holiday x

JCrakers
23-05-2014, 02:20 PM
I always find a quiet house a lot, lot harder than a full one. I once had to entertain a 9yr old for a full 9.5hrs......If I never see a chess or monopoly board again it will be too soon :D

tess1981
23-05-2014, 02:58 PM
I always find a quiet house a lot, lot harder than a full one. I once had to entertain a 9yr old for a full 9.5hrs......If I never see a chess or monopoly board again it will be too soon :D

Have to agree.... had a 6 year old like this only her in a Friday after school and only for about 2 hours but she wanted everything so would only spend 10 mins if that at an activity got to the stage I said enough if you can't play with one thing for a while I'm not pulling everything out as I have to pack it all away 10 mins later I then would only allow a max of 3 activities in an afternoon so she had to choose wisely lol

shortstuff
23-05-2014, 03:29 PM

That sounds painful!

SYLVIA
23-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Totally agree with you. I would rather have lots than just one

trickiedickie
24-05-2014, 03:32 AM
:laughing:

Made me smile during my insomnia! Pleased your day got better.

toddlers896
24-05-2014, 06:46 AM
I feel the opposite way. I have one two days a week and she is getting bored with all my toys etc,, even crafts she will do for five minutes and move on. I thought it would be best to have others around with her and on thursaday and Friday I had 3. It was an absolute nightmare!! I set up lots of activities and they were throwing everything round the room, jumping on my sofa, saying no to me when I told them off. I hated it. Ive discovered in this job there is no happy medium. One or three they are all a nightmare lol

FloraDora
24-05-2014, 09:49 AM
I love having one LO at a time, one is very easy going, spends ages involved in an extended game often seeking time on own, the other is an energetic, curious about everything, but will concentrate for ages on a challenge, so I can set up activity and step back. Both have no siblings so don't always need others to play and happy in their own company. I find children who have a lower concentration level and are used to lots of company demand adult interaction more when on their own, which surprised me as I thought 'only' children would be the more demanding...I expect it depends on how parents interact too, if they are always available to every whim it might be different....

Hope your end of week blast has evolved into a good weekend Mouse.