PDA

View Full Version : Advice on giving it another go......

littlebears1009
22-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Hi I was a newly registered childminder last summer. My first mindee was a 7 month old baby boy who screamed all day everyday for the 2 months he was with me and when I gave notice I was really reluctant to take anyone else on and got the feeling I had failed and couldnt do it. I went back to my previous job for 6 months and now I want to give it another go but im terrified of a repeat of the first time. I have most of my resources apart from safety gates which are easily bought and I gave my happyland collection to my cousin (i could build this back up) so I am already prepared to start again. Just wondered if anyone else has had this experience or if anyone can give me some advice?

tess1981
22-05-2014, 03:03 PM
I quit for a year ... gave notice to a lo who put me of childminding. Now back doing it and I'm glad I am. I now know if I'm not happy with something I can change it.

littlebears1009
22-05-2014, 03:12 PM
How did you go about deciding what children you would mind? He was 7 months so would I be best trying to mind an older child or still stick with babies too? I have had a few inteterests which has made me think I would love to give it another go and im at home anyway.

natlou82
22-05-2014, 07:54 PM
I've been minding for a month and mainly have before and after schoolies which I really like! I have my 6 month old nephew 2 full days and just signed up a 7 month old 1 day this is enough for me leaving 2 days school hrs free to catch up. You just have to do the right thing for you :-) good luck x

littlebears1009
22-05-2014, 08:06 PM
I've been minding for a month and mainly have before and after schoolies which I really like! I have my 6 month old nephew 2 full days and just signed up a 7 month old 1 day this is enough for me leaving 2 days school hrs free to catch up. You just have to do the right thing for you :-) good luck x

Thank you! I only have a 5 seater car anf have 2 children of my own so im stuck for space until I can afford a bigger car as Ive to drive on the school run! I would be happy with a full timer or 2 part timers! Just trying to advertise as best I can now!

loocyloo
23-05-2014, 12:01 PM
When mine were little I had a mix of all ages with lots of Schoolies. My children are now 9 & 12 and apart from current Schoolies (siblings who are dds friends ) I'm not particuarly planning on taking any more on ( although as my littlies go to school some will become Schoolies and/or holiday children ) as my children are busy afterschool and they don't want lots of Schoolies around. Plus I prefer the littlies!