PDA

View Full Version : Payment-child off sick

kime
22-05-2014, 01:28 PM
I've had a little boy who has only been once this week due to mum wanting him onher day off (understandable) and he has been poorly weds thurs, has started antibiotics today so can't come tomorrow either.

Dad has asked if they can pay £50 less for next week as he's had to stay off to look after little one & won't be paid.

Contract states full pay when child off due to illness. I feel bad & don't know how to word my response-any advice please??

x

shortstuff
22-05-2014, 01:36 PM
I've had a little boy who has only been once this week due to mum wanting him onher day off (understandable) and he has been poorly weds thurs, has started antibiotics today so can't come tomorrow either.

Dad has asked if they can pay £50 less for next week as he's had to stay off to look after little one & won't be paid.

Contract states full pay when child off due to illness. I feel bad & don't know how to word my response-any advice please??

x

how about:

i respect your reasons for asking but as i held the space open for ******* full fees remain due, as per contract.

tess1981
22-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Agree just refer them back to the contract. They signed it and know your policies. It's sound like a little guilt trip they putting on. He not getting paid so you miss out on your wages then.
Don't accept or agree to this. Stand firm but politely say it's full gee as agreed at the start of the Contract.

kime
22-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Thank you, I knew I was right I just always feel bad! All done now & he's agreed-just to wait & see if the money does go in tomorrow now!

:-)

Rubybubbles
22-05-2014, 03:04 PM
God they try it on don't they!!

No you were open and had booked a space for him still pay!

I have a funny mum ATM as once a month she may keep little one at home (she sometimes works weekends-I don't have child)

But I tot up every 10,20,1hr ect she goes over get 8.5 contracted

Last month it added up to 7.5 hours. Yes less than the day off but it was not booked and she's lucky I don't charge her my "late not booked £2 per 15 minutes!!"

munch149
22-05-2014, 04:30 PM
You've got to still charge otherwise every time they have time off they will use the same excuse. Start as you mean to go on x

kime
23-05-2014, 05:48 AM
Thank you for your advice & support, have bad problems with them paying since day 1 in March & their son head butting while here! Only have two weeks left as I handed in notice.

Has already sent me a message this morning asking me to have him today as he seems better but I have stood my ground & said I have to follow my policies!

Thanks again x

kime
23-05-2014, 05:50 AM
Rubybubbles you're right they don't stop & think about those little extras we do for them do they!!

rickysmiths
23-05-2014, 07:01 AM
God they try it on don't they!!

No you were open and had booked a space for him still pay!

I have a funny mum ATM as once a month she may keep little one at home (she sometimes works weekends-I don't have child)

But I tot up every 10,20,1hr ect she goes over get 8.5 contracted

Last month it added up to 7.5 hours. Yes less than the day off but it was not booked and she's lucky I don't charge her my "late not booked £2 per 15 minutes!!"

Gosh I charge £5 per 15 mins or part of 15 mins so 16 min would be £10

Rubybubbles
05-07-2014, 08:53 AM
I am thinking higher rate that's for sure!!

Currently in place of moving and sorting out tougher ££ as the local rate is £0.50 less than I currently have been charging

Chatterbox Childcare
05-07-2014, 05:40 PM
I agree charge but why can't he come with antibiotics? If it is your policy then I wouldn't charge as I cannot see any reason why not if he is on the mend

hummingbird2014
07-07-2014, 04:49 PM
My policy is upfront fees- no payment no care! I will charge late fee collection after 10mins late which is basic hourly fee. And if they turn up next week and "leave' there child without paying well..... that is an abandoned child and could end up in social services collecting!
stick to policies at the end of the day they agreed to this in the first place through your contract with them.