PDA

View Full Version : dbs checking police records

Kidston
22-05-2014, 10:56 AM
Just checked our dbs process and there both on the final stage of checking police records but I know others have said this stage can take the longest.

Can anyone remember how long this stage took for them?

Vikki5531
22-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Just checked our dbs process and there both on the final stage of checking police records but I know others have said this stage can take the longest. Can anyone remember how long this stage took for them?

I remember Stage 4, mine was stuck for there for almost 2 weeks and my Partners a few days longer. I was checking it everyday! Xx

Kerry30
22-05-2014, 01:22 PM
I remember mine took ages to come thru. It stayed on the last stage for ages. I did get told that after so many days they have to send it. As i kept ringing up the head quarters of where it was being held. I think they can only hold it for 60 days but not sure as it was a few years ago. It might be a good idea to ring and find out at least then you will know the longest it will take.

Jenny2
22-05-2014, 02:34 PM
I called last friday as I was stuck on the police search for 35 days they said they could chase it after 60 days , but has come through now and waiting for printing . Finally ! what ahppens now do they send it to ofsted or do we ?

joannes
22-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Mine took 10 weeks at stage 4 and my husbands took 1 day short of that. We're in East Yorkshire though and it depends how under-resourced your police department is. Not trying to be bearer of bad news, I just wish someone had given me a realistic longest/shortest scenario when I was waiting because it pretty much killed me waiting for 11 weeks for mine- if I'd known I probably wouldn't have given up work quite so early. Chasing Capita did me no good either (although did make me feel at least like I was doing something!) everytime they told me, "It's with the police and they can have it up to 60 working days before we can intervene. If it gets to that we request it to be escalated and they have 10 working days to respond to that before a complaint can be made". So essentially 70 is the maximum they can have it. They did say cases like mine are few and far between but that it does seem to be taking longer and longer and worse in the summer term as schools etc start requesting theirs too ready for september starts so there's backlogs to consider. Good luck!

Jenny2
22-05-2014, 07:17 PM
I called last friday as I was stuck on the police search for 35 days they said they could chase it after 60 days , but has come through now and waiting for printing . Finally ! what ahppens now do they send it to ofsted or do we ?

after checking I have 3 of them , my youngest sons has gone back to stage 3 , although this was cleared on the 12th april -when I called they said that the police checked something with it could be the address it was checked internally and is ok now but it starts the up to 60 day wait again.
has this happened to anyone else my sons ensures me he has no criminal record.
cant wait to childminding

Kidston
23-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Thanks everyone for letting me know the wait continues