PDA

View Full Version : chocolate addiction!

buzzy bee
21-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Not childminding related but I can't stop snacking, mainly on chocolate. I feel like I needed it and the more I try not to eat it the more I needed it.

Any tips on how to stop very welcome!

scottishlass
21-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Same just polished off a bounty and a ripple! Plus what I ate through the day!

greanan
21-05-2014, 09:51 PM
I'm the same (well anything really lol!!!) .. Maybe next year fort bikini bod lol

Bumble Beez
22-05-2014, 03:35 AM
Not childminding related but I can't stop snacking, mainly on chocolate. I feel like I needed it and the more I try not to eat it the more I needed it. Any tips on how to stop very welcome!

I am the same...chocolate is my thing, and in think I snack on it cos it's convenient!!
However I am trying very hard to be good at the moment...I suffer from headaches and I think chocolate is the culprit at times!

Sometimes I find I crave chocolate because I'm thirsty...so I try to drink a glass of water when I get the itch to munch on chocolate...
My mum informed me that when you crave chocolate it's because your body is calling out for a sugar intake...eat some fruit instead, your body gets the sugar intake from something healthy.
You can also end up with a food addiction if you eat something too much, and have to literally be weaned off :panic:

Sarah x

kats
22-05-2014, 06:29 AM
I was a real chocoholic but last year i found out i'd got diabetes so had to seriously change my diet, i now just have chocolate on a saturday night instead of every night. On the plus side ive lost 2 and a half stone since last sept :)

smurfette
22-05-2014, 08:05 AM
I found once I took myself off it for a few days the cravings went away.. Now don't eat it often at all.,. Could you get rid of all in the house and go cold turkey, get your sugar rush from raisins or even yoghurt covered nuts : fruit? It's hard cos we do need to keep our energy up and it's hard to find time to eat properly!

Kerry30
22-05-2014, 08:39 AM
Galaxy chocolate is my down fall altho i dont eat as many now than i did a few months back!
I was once told if your craving something sweet or hungry drink a glass of water. If your still hungry 20 minutes later then your body is telling you your hungry. Course i always go for chocolate!

buzzy bee
22-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Glad it's not just me, and thanks for the tips!

I've been really good today and done the drinking water and eating fruit thing whenever I've had a craving... only trouble is I've now got a major craving and run out of other things I can snack on!

Maybe I should reward myself for being so good???

greanan
22-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Glad it's not just me, and thanks for the tips! I've been really good today and done the drinking water and eating fruit thing whenever I've had a craving... only trouble is I've now got a major craving and run out of other things I can snack on! Maybe I should reward myself for being so good???

Lol! Rewarding myself is exactly what is do aswell

Bumble Beez
22-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Glad it's not just me, and thanks for the tips! I've been really good today and done the drinking water and eating fruit thing whenever I've had a craving... only trouble is I've now got a major craving and run out of other things I can snack on! Maybe I should reward myself for being so good???

:panic: don't do it!!! Although I have just scoffed a snickers cos I've just done 2 presentations at uni :( whoops!

Sarah x