PDA

View Full Version : New and a little bit bewildered!

MrsPixie
21-05-2014, 09:47 AM
It has taken me 8 months from starting the course to finally having my pre-reg inspection last week. I have just got off the phone with Ofsted and my certificate is in the post so should be here today or tomorrow and now I need to start advertising. I am feeling a little bit stunned now to actually have to start looking after all these months. In January I was ready and raring to go but then we got stuck and it dragged on and on so I need to get back in gear. Wish me luck and tips greatly appreciated :D

Katy

tonib
21-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Hi!! I'm still waiting my pre reg visit seems never ending. So pleased and excited for you! I understand how you feel - excited one minute the next scared stiff lol!! Good luck x

Toni x

kaz26
22-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Good luck just take each day as it comes xx:)

MrsPixie
22-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Thanks. Made a bit of a start today put up a few leaflets and gave some to the sure start centre we go to :)

sarah707
22-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Most of us are a bit bewildered I think :laughing:

Ok - tell everyone - talk to Health Visitors - go to toddler groups - childcare.co.uk - family information services ... everyone everywhere you never know who knows who :D

MrsPixie
23-05-2014, 06:14 AM
I made a free profile on childcare.co.uk last night if anyone has a moment to take a look that would be really helpful thanks
Childminder in Trafford, Babysitter in Trafford - LittlePixies3 - Childcare.co.uk (http://www.childcare.co.uk/profile/LittlePixies3/)

Also is the gold membership worth it? I considered it for the training but I get this with my councils training programme anyway

littlebears1009
23-05-2014, 07:39 AM
I made a free profile on childcare.co.uk last night if anyone has a moment to take a look that would be really helpful thanks
Childminder in Trafford, Babysitter in Trafford - LittlePixies3 - Childcare.co.uk (http://www.childcare.co.uk/profile/LittlePixies3/)

Also is the gold membership worth it? I considered it for the training but I get this with my councils training programme anyway

Looks Fab MrsPixie! I have paid for a month of gold membership but I dropped out of minding after a really bad first experience, 8 months later im ready to start again so hoping to get some mindees and not have to pay for another months. If you go on childcare.co.uk see whos looking for care and if you think you can provide for those people then id say sign up to gold and message them!

MrsPixie
23-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Thanks. Good luck starting up again, I hope you have a better time this time round :)