PDA

View Full Version : Playroom or dining room?

ja-lula-belli
20-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Right all you lovely minders/ soon to be minders on here, I have a question for you. I'm moving house and will have an extra reception room now I have always wanted a play room but then I won't have a dining room. What are your thoughts? What do you do? I am in wales so I have no actually need for a playroom as it seems everyone under ofsted has one. I love the idea of having one space then close the door and becomes my home again. One thing I hate at the moment is all the toys in my living room all the time! If I had a play room I could have a living room all to myself. Any ideas would be great thanks.

AliceK
20-05-2014, 12:01 PM
I use what would be my dining room as my playroom but then I have plenty of room in my kitchen for a large table for everyone to eat at so it's not a problem. If I wasn't childminding my "dining room" would be a games room for my own children.

xxxx

Maza
20-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Lots of people under Ofsted don't have a playroom - myself included. All my mindees toys get packed away for the weekend. I still have some toys out but they belong to DD and so that is to be expected. I would go for the dining room. Could you get a big cupboard to go in there where you pack everything away at the end of the week? x

mrs robbie williams
20-05-2014, 12:05 PM
i use my dining room as a playroom and just put everything away when they go home - or if we arent using the dining room that evening (eating off laps or going out) and i cant be bothered to tidy it i can just close the door and forget its there til the morning when it all comes out again anyway :D

tulip0803
20-05-2014, 12:08 PM
My dining room is a play room with a large table in it pushed against the wall (at the moment it is a house with soft furnishings and play food under it:)). At Christmas all the toys come out and it becomes a dining room. But most of the rest of the year we just pull the table out and use it surrounded by toys. I also have a table in my kitchen where children eat.

Cinnamon Sugar
20-05-2014, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE="AliceK;1362809"]I use what would be my dining room as my playroom

Me too, I changed mine last year, it leads off from my living room and has double doors. It's not really big enough to be a stand alone playroom but makes an excellent play space when used alongside the living room.
I set up both rooms with throws on the sofa and colourful rugs on the floor and various toys and 'invitations to play' set out. In my ex dining room/playroom I have the wonderous expedit units from IKEA to store lots in and for the kids to self select/ tip out all over ;-)
I love being able to tidy everything away at the end of the day and shut the doors.
My kids are grown up now so I don't have toys out on a weekend.

Luckily there was enough room in my kitchen for the dining table and my poor kitchen table is now in the garage where it provides more storage space for another load of toy boxes and equipment.

My vote is for playroom :-)