PDA

View Full Version : Trying to do it by the books

Helpinghands
25-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Hello everyone!

I had my first proper visit with a parent tonight who has been letting me down all week, but eventually turned up.

As I'm newly registered I am struggling financially and have my arms open to anything.

I had all the paperwork laid out ready for her to sign, but she literally stayed 3 or 4 mins to hand the money over and quickly introduce her son.

I'm worried I'm going to have problems with her in the future, being so unreliable and not showing any interest at all!

Any thoughts?

Jo xx :(

LittleAcorns
25-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi Jo, Go with your gut instinct and sort everything out as it happens, I've only been registered a year and would have taken on anything also as we do where's starting out, we need the pennies.........Be firm and say "I need you to sit with me and go through the paperwork" arrange a convienient time for both, make it nice and friendly but firm.....Im getting fairly tough now :o after all this is your business and you dont want the hassle ;) xx

Minstrel
25-07-2008, 05:57 PM
I agree. let her exactly how long it will take and what you need her to provide. she sounds like she needs a bit of directing to get her to do what you want! say you would like to meet her son properly with maybe time to do an activity etc and you will need her to come round have a cup of tea and read !!
WOW she may not be a confident reader so if she seems quick to sign without reading perhaps offer to go through things with her verbally without making a big deal. just say you find it easier to explain things to ppl than write them down.:)

Helpinghands
25-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Hi Jo, Go with your gut instinct and sort everything out as it happens, I've only been registered a year and would have taken on anything also as we do where's starting out, we need the pennies.........Be firm and say "I need you to sit with me and go through the paperwork" arrange a convienient time for both, make it nice and friendly but firm.....Im getting fairly tough now :o after all this is your business and you dont want the hassle ;) xx

You are so right! I have a business to run. I've arranged for her to come again tomorrow to do paperwork and I did say I won't be able to care for him until this is done.

Childminding is so under-rated

Thankyou :)

Helpinghands
25-07-2008, 06:25 PM
say you would like to meet her son properly with maybe time to do an activity etc and you will need her to come round have a cup of tea and read !!

Thanks Amanda, I've done just that :)

breezy
25-07-2008, 06:34 PM
You are so right! I have a business to run. I've arranged for her to come again tomorrow to do paperwork and I did say I won't be able to care for him until this is done.

Well done, you'll get there, it's really hard to be tough at first, it's like we need to train them!:thumbsup:

sue m
25-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Are you going to do a months trial just in case?

angeldelight
25-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Good luck with the paper work tomorrow

Have it all ready and your rules and what you expect from her

Its your business so start the way you mean to go on

Good luck

Angel xx

LittleAcorns
25-07-2008, 07:01 PM

Well done :o you'll feel better in the long run and defo go for a months trial :D xx

Helpinghands
25-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Are you going to do a months trial just in case?

Never thought of that, I don't want to scare her off though. She did say she'l sign a contract until sept

sue m
25-07-2008, 08:04 PM
I always do a months trial period just in case there are problems, then when the month is up you can both say whether or not you want to carry on. My midees are on a months trial (and so am I I guess) and that's up at the end of next week so I need to know if they're going to keep driving 11 miles to me every day!!