PDA

View Full Version : Do I charge as school closed for voting?

julie w
20-05-2014, 08:52 AM
This Thursday our school is closed for voting. I have asked the parents if the need me to have their chilren that day. However most of the parents said their child would go to a friends/relative for the day.However do I still charge for the before & after school children that day. As one parent said if their child came to me for the day it would cost them more and so theyve no choice but to make other arrangements. Whats the general feeling on this? Thank you.

Ripeberry
20-05-2014, 08:55 AM
That's a good question. What do you do with INSET days? Do you have the children then? All depends what it says on your contract.

rickysmiths
20-05-2014, 08:59 AM
I would as it is a normal day which you still have a place available for the parents to use and it is their choice not to use it.

It is not an Inset Day for which you may have arrangements. It is a normal school day, not your fault the school is closed as a polling station.

kaz26
20-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Yep I would still charge for this x

Simona
20-05-2014, 09:31 AM
This Thursday our school is closed for voting. I have asked the parents if the need me to have their chilren that day. However most of the parents said their child would go to a friends/relative for the day.However do I still charge for the before & after school children that day. As one parent said if their child came to me for the day it would cost them more and so theyve no choice but to make other arrangements. Whats the general feeling on this? Thank you.

If parents decide to send their children to friends or wherever they would still need to pay for your contracted hours :8-9am and 3-6pm as you are available
The children could be collected from you at 9am and returned at 3pm if the friend is willing to do this? I doubt it though

Many schools close for voting and many schools close for inset days...parents are aware of this and can plan as these events happen every 4 years and inset days are well advertised by the school

If it comes to parents saving money by using friends it does not mean the CM has to lose out :thumbsup:

tess1981
20-05-2014, 10:30 AM
I would still charge. If the child was of sick I assume you still charge thus is no difference they are the ones deciding not to send

Chatterbox Childcare
20-05-2014, 12:06 PM
If it is a contracted day then I would still charge

natlou82
20-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Agreed I would still charge too x