PDA

View Full Version : Case study

Bushpig
25-07-2008, 05:11 PM
I received an email from the inspector who gave me my grading inspection on Tuesday, and I will paste a segment of it here:

''I am returning to uni in September for the third year of my Early Childhood Studies degree and will be starting a longitudinal study on how early years providers get on with the delivery of the EYFS. I want to choose a few childminders and a selection of sessional and full day care settings. Would you be willing to assist me in my study, which will be used for my dissertation? You can of course say ‘no’; I won’t be offended. If you agree, can I ring you to discuss towards the end of August or beginning of September?''

Have any of you any idea of what this will entail? She is a lovely lady and I would love to help, but I do not want a constant appraisal... and I would have to seek parents approval too surely? Not sure what to think of it tbh

sarah707
25-07-2008, 10:41 PM
I would think, remembering back to the hazy days when I did a dissertation type thing, it will be a couple of questionaires to complete, so she can write her essay from your answers. If she writes to a cross section of places she will get a feel for how they are managing with eyfs and the problems everyone is having / successes etc.

I might be off track though... nothing lost by asking for more information!

How exciting to have been chosen... she must really think highly of you. :D

wendywu
25-07-2008, 10:53 PM
I would not mind filling in forms, but i would not want the inspector in my home watching me. God forbid.:panic:

angeldelight
25-07-2008, 10:59 PM
It sounds really nice that she has asked you

If you are unsure just email her back and ask the questions that you are asking us - she is the best one to ask and she will have the correct answers

Well done

Angel xx

littletreasures
26-07-2008, 07:52 AM
As Angel said, I would email her asking for more details of what she wants.

Good luck

Bushpig
13-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Thanks all! xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
13-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Just ask her!!

miffy
14-08-2008, 06:28 AM
I agree with everyone else - ask her exactly what is required from you.

If Sarah's right a couple of questionnaires doesn't sound too time consuming until you think about the SEF!

It's flattering to be asked but be sure what your input will be before you commit.

Good luck

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
14-08-2008, 07:18 AM
How flattering to think she has choosen you. i would ask her what it entails. Let us know please.

Think of this as your chance to help guide an Offy inspector! lol:laughing:

Minstrel
14-08-2008, 10:42 AM
You might get a little star on your records at ofsted:)

or maybe not.............:(

Bushpig
15-08-2008, 07:04 AM
You might get a little star on your records at ofsted:)

or maybe not.............:(

hehe I will gor for the latter - I think this is unofficial! I will wait for her to contact me and tell me exactly what is involved. I do not need any more work in my life!:eek: