PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering....?

tigwig
19-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Do you all ask parents to apply suncream before children arrive or do you just put it on yourselves if the parent provides?

Bumble Beez
19-05-2014, 10:32 AM
I have always advised that the parents apply before bringing LO to me...most were really good all the time, however there were some occasions when it wasn't but that's no problem cos I applied.
I think it's worth asking if they can, especially if you're tight on time with a morning/lunchtime/afternoon school run etc.

Sarah x

funemnx
19-05-2014, 12:03 PM
I always ask them to apply before they come - three reasons really;

Some children arrive just 5 mins before we do the school run
We can have up to 8 children and it would take ages to get them all done (although to be fair, two are over 8)
If the suncream is applied before the child is dressed, there's less chance of missing a bit....

AliceK
19-05-2014, 12:39 PM
I supply and apply it myself. I do have a part in my contracts which parents can tick if they want to supply their own due to allergies etc. I tell parents I cannot specifiy which brand of suncream I will have so they have the option of supplying their own if they have a preference, so far no-one has.

xxxx

tulip0803
19-05-2014, 01:12 PM
I ask parents to supply and I will put on. If they don't supply I will use whatever I have unless I have been advised of allergies.

I get parents to sign to say that they give me permission to apply.

However at the moment I do not do any school drop offs - I would expect parents to apply to children if they go to school/nursery just because it can be so chaotic before a school run