PDA

View Full Version : over sensitive child???

Smiley2
18-05-2014, 07:06 PM
I have a 3 year old girl. I look.after a 3 year old girl and 4 year old boy on the same day. The girl is a month new. if my daughter so much as pokes her she cries and comes telling to me. Initially I would comfort the upset child and explain to my daughter about being kind etc. But seriously, and I'm not saying my daughters behaviour is acceptable, but it's not as if it's even a hard poke, push. Anyway the boy, well, he's a boisterous boy who play fights etc (far more vigorous than my daughter) and the girl takes it, no tears, nothing. The other day he was waving a scarf in her face and I'm thinking that's got to be annoying, but it's only when I intervene and say "do you want ??? to stop, do you like what he's doing" that she says yes, but no tears or telling tales.

I don't really buy into overreacting or being manipulated (that's how I feel, although at 3 could she be a bit young for that?) She fell over other day, before coming to me, and the fuss her mum made, you'd think she'd broken a bone. Well she was running round all day and when Mum comes to collect, she says awww how's your leg...to which child starts limping, and Mum is all awww poor thing....

I think the child is a bit pampered and plays in it. She sometimes starts to cry if she so much as knocks herself, like hardly anything, but stops almost before she's started if she sees I've seen what's happened and don't overreact.

No idea how or what to do about my daughter. I don't think it's fair she's picked on as being in the wrong, when the boy does similar and it's ignored or she laughs about it.

I don't want to do the wrong thing here and want to be professional in my dealings but I think me and her mum are very different.

How should I play out these instances so everyone's happy?

Tinkerbell1979
18-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Ignore her unless really hurt

redtiger21
18-05-2014, 10:58 PM
I think, as long as you're keeping a close eye to make sure your daughter isn't doing anything more hurtful when she thinks you're not looking (unlikely at her age), then I would totally ignore the drama. I'd mention it to the mum and explain the way you're choosing to deal with it too. Good luck xx