PDA

View Full Version : Webinar training courses

teacake2
16-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Is any one else having trouble doing webinar courses set up by their local authority. Entrust (Staffordshire) have now decided that if you are Wifi then you are not allowed to do the webinars and have to buy a cable and make sure your lap top (if using one and not desk top) is cabled up. I have never had any problems before doing the courses but they say it is too disruptive to the course?
So do I tell OFSTED that I cannot do any more training (webinars are so much more suitable to me because of my health issues) because Entrust won't let me do them when I can? I cannot get to venues for various reasons and so relied on the webinars for lots of lovely training.
Sorry for the rant but it just seems more and more obstacles are being put in my way at this moment.
:(:(:(:(
Teacake2

MaffAnna
16-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Hi Teacake,

This sounded like a pain to me too but the cable is only £1.50 and saves a load of hassle.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/metre-Black-Cat5e-Ethernet-Network/dp/B00DZJWPWY/ref=sr_1_14?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1400275394&sr=1-14&keywords=ethernet+cable

HTH

wee_elf
17-05-2014, 07:36 AM
When they say it's too disruptive, is it because people's Wi-Fi keeps dropping and they then leave the webinar and have to be manually added again? I can understand if this is the issue as it probably costs them more paying for a couple of hours IT support x