PDA

View Full Version : E.Y.E or cypw level3 ?

Storks
16-05-2014, 08:15 AM
Just looking at getting onto my level three, however as always the goalposts are moving!
If I wait to go to college in September I'll have to do the new early years educator course instead, anyone got any advise if this is any better or worse for CM's than getting booked on the pacey one online now ?
The gcse part isn't a problem just which is better in the long run, also how much support do you actually get doing an online course?
Thanks in advance
Tracey x

bunyip
16-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Who knows?

Doubt if "better" or "worse" will apply or even matter. Perhaps "fashionable" is the correct word to use.

These vocational courses are like washing powder: always 'new & improved' until the next one comes along.

EYE will be the Best Thing Ever, until all the bums change seats at the jolly old DofE and we'll be told how unfit for purpose EYE is and treated to the next "Best Thing Ever". :p

Simona
16-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Just looking at getting onto my level three, however as always the goalposts are moving!
If I wait to go to college in September I'll have to do the new early years educator course instead, anyone got any advise if this is any better or worse for CM's than getting booked on the pacey one online now ?
The gcse part isn't a problem just which is better in the long run, also how much support do you actually get doing an online course?
Thanks in advance
Tracey x

The new EYE kicks in September....it would be best if you contacted your EY team and ask them what is going on in your area...do they have a local provider doing EYE or should you look for someone who has been Accredited to deliver it?...who they are and where from

Hope this helps

Storks
16-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Who knows? Doubt if "better" or "worse" will apply or even matter. Perhaps "fashionable" is the correct word to use. These vocational courses are like washing powder: always 'new & improved' until the next one comes along. EYE will be the Best Thing Ever, until all the bums change seats at the jolly old DofE and we'll be told how unfit for purpose EYE is and treated to the next "Best Thing Ever". :p

Lol my thoughts were along those lines!
As to local teams, they're sitting on the fence ....... And as I'm over the grand old age of 24!!! I'm too old so I'll have to fund it myself ( does make me laugh when over 24 is past it!!!)
LA seems fixated with funding not the question you've asked them :-/

Storks
16-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Also keep getting told 4children are now our training provider....... Only to ring them and leave messages that aren't returned because the don't know which way is up!

Simona
17-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Also keep getting told 4children are now our training provider....... Only to ring them and leave messages that aren't returned because the don't know which way is up!

If you are a member of any representing associations it may be worth giving them a ring....I believe they will all be getting ready to deliver the new Level 3 in Sept....I know that mine will have this in place soon

Storks
18-05-2014, 11:28 AM
I'm with pacey who seem to be pushing cypw but this may be just to increase revenue between now and sept with people panicking!
Anyone doing the online pacey cypw ? How much support are you actually getting. X

Simona
18-05-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm with pacey who seem to be pushing cypw but this may be just to increase revenue between now and sept with people panicking!
Anyone doing the online pacey cypw ? How much support are you actually getting. X

CYPW has replaced the NVQ but it is still a level 3
All accredited providers will start pushing for people to enrol in Sept...not just pacey and prices will vary as associations buy the package from accredited trainers
Are you entitled to funding? do find out
if you are looking to start in Sept look at this because EYE is coming in

Children's Learning and Development (Early Years Educator) | NVQ and competence-based qualifications (QCF) | Qualifications : Edexcel (http://www.edexcel.com/quals/NVQ-competence-based-qcf/cld-eye/Pages/default.aspx)

More info here
Children and Young People´s Workforce (CYPW) CACHE Diploma Level 3 (http://www.boston.ac.uk/courses/Pages/Children-and-Young-People%C2%B4s-Workforce-(CYPW)-CACHE-Diploma-Level-3-.aspx)
if you google CYPW you will find lots more

I would still suggest you approach your LA and see what they give you as advice

Hope this helps ...Good luck

Maxine73
20-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Im just looking in to this myself. Im in Nottingham. They have just started funding level 3 for 24+ learners. Well its a loan which you don't have to pay back until 2016 and thats only if your earning over £21,000 a year. I know I will never earn that as a childminder, so wont have to pay it back and it gets wrote off. Pacey isnt the only company doing the course online, theres a company called Parenta I found, also Preschool learning alliance are doing a course near me and they do it one evening a week so mostly classroom based. If you look at their website they do it all over the country.

Simona
21-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Maxine 73 is right....There are many companies doing the Level 3...Pacey, Parenta, Pre-School Learning Alliance and many more will be announced as their package is approved...even Montessori have their own...I think by August all be in place

Age and earning do matter when it comes to funding...please contact your LA because they can tell you what is available and where you can apply for funding

Storks
21-05-2014, 09:47 AM
I know, the question is what are people's opinions on doing the cypw or e.y.e ? It seems as though it's just whatever is trendy at the moment rather than which is best for our job. So I was wondering if there were any educated guesses as to the best one to jump for whilst I have the option of both xx

Simona
22-05-2014, 06:33 AM
I know, the question is what are people's opinions on doing the cypw or e.y.e ? It seems as though it's just whatever is trendy at the moment rather than which is best for our job. So I was wondering if there were any educated guesses as to the best one to jump for whilst I have the option of both xx

Unless I have understood it wrong ..whoever does the level 3 has to include the EYE criteria in it from Sept 2014

Maybe this will explain further to those who are considering the level 3 from Sept

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/211644/Early_Years_Educator_Criteria.pdf

CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator) (http://www.cache.org.uk/Qualifications/CYP/CYPL3/Pages/CACHE-Level-3-Diploma-in-Early-Years-Professional-Practice-(Early-Years-Educator).aspx)

Storks
23-05-2014, 11:31 AM
But I can apply for cypw now with pacey (or other online providers ) or do e.y.e in September
So for the time being I have both options.