PDA

View Full Version : Naked in the garden...

dolly1985
14-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Had a mindee who took off all her clothes whilst playing with the water table in the garden today-I'm not bothered by it and mum wasn't when she picked up but our garden is overlooked so should I have made her put her clothes bk on? She did refuse and wouldn't even put her knickers on!!

shortstuff
14-05-2014, 07:52 PM
I think I would encourage underwear as a minimum, just to prevent any possible accusations in the future. Could be from another family or anyone. In this day and age where so much is known about paedophiles we need to take axtra steps to protect ourselves as much as the LO's. Also imagine if you were asked to mind an older boy, it would be much tougher to encourage clothing if LO has been able to stay naked for previous sessions.

Maza
14-05-2014, 07:56 PM
I wouldn't allow it for the above reasons. Does she have a swimming costume perhaps? How old is she? Also, I don't want naked bums sitting on my garden furniture.

shortstuff
14-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Another thought imagine if LO sat down and got injured, imagine explaining that away. Dont think I would like it.

Just to reassure you I have let DS play around naked in our garden as it isnt overlooked and we are safe, especially if a water fight is getting a little carried away.

amyp
14-05-2014, 08:03 PM
It's such a shame- I spent most my life as a child naked- with all the kids my mum minded!

I loved being naked as my daughter does now! All my kids are under 2 so I wouldn't mind it! I think I'd have a clothes on rule for after school kids. And try to stick to nappy/ knickers- but this summer is planning on being a naked one as I am toilet training my 6 under 2s!

Ripeberry
14-05-2014, 08:09 PM
My first ever mindee (now 6yrs old) always goes naked at home in summer. Inside the house and out. But he never strips off at my home. Never has.

Rubybubbles
14-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Fine at home but we are childcare providers so I do not agree with letting children run around naked

I don't like them having their shoulders bare for risk of sunburn

Sorry (seems I am only one that doesn't agree!)

wee_elf
14-05-2014, 08:24 PM
I think I would insist on knickers/pants at least for the reasons below. Maybe you could revisit/develop a sun policy which could include a part where parents could sign to say they are happy with children out in their pants/swimming costume? x

dolly1985
14-05-2014, 09:33 PM
She turns 3 on sunday and is potty training but I think you are all right and I will insist on a swimming costume for water play in the garden as you cant be too careful nowadays!

AliceK
14-05-2014, 10:26 PM
No children are allowed to be naked here, even requests from parents when potty training to let them go around with no pants on are turned down by me. It's more to protect myself than anything else. Also how can I freely take pics of the children enjoying themselves which I do all day if one of them has no pants on or is naked. No way, not here I'm afraid.

Xxx

mama2three
15-05-2014, 06:17 AM
Its a shame isn't t?
One of our most fun days was a couple of years ago when ds and his friend were in and out of the paddling pool and had taken off their shorts. the shaving foam was out on the play tables ....the discovered they could make perfect bumprints sitting on the table..then washing off the foam in the water....
I have had naked garden play depending on the children here. But it int something I would do anymore...think im just more aware of 'covering my back' these days , plus a different group of kids means it isn't an option anyway.

Mouse
15-05-2014, 11:01 AM
I have never let my own children play naked in the garden. They always wore at least pants or swimming trunks/costume and usually a t-shirt as well, even in the paddling pool.

My concerns were about what they might sit on, or about them getting sun burn. If a child (my own or minded) refused to wear any clothing, they would have to go inside, the same as if they refuse to wear a hat, or have suncream on.

MAWI
15-05-2014, 02:05 PM
I have never let my own children play naked in the garden. They always wore at least pants or swimming trunks/costume and usually a t-shirt as well, even in the paddling pool.

My concerns were about what they might sit on, or about them getting sun burn. If a child (my own or minded) refused to wear any clothing, they would have to go inside, the same as if they refuse to wear a hat, or have suncream on.

Snap! I was going to write the same

greanan
15-05-2014, 06:57 PM
I personally make sure they have something on at all times - even if just a pair of pants

watford wizz
15-05-2014, 07:32 PM
I have had naked garden play depending on the children here. But it int something I would do anymore...think im just more aware of 'covering my back' these days , plus a different group of kids means it isn't an option anyway.

Don't you mean "covering your back side" sorry couldn't resist that one x this thread made me wonder if we have any nudism practicing childminders who care for children of other nudist ?

Mouse
15-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Don't you mean "covering your back side" sorry couldn't resist that one x this thread made me wonder if we have any nudism practicing childminders who care for children of other nudist ?

You wouldn't need much of a dressing up box, would you :laughing:

watford wizz
15-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Would it be discrimination if we refused their request for naked garden play?

Mouse
15-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Would it be discrimination if we refused their request for naked garden play?

I don't think so, particularly from a sun safety and hygiene point of view.