PDA

View Full Version : Chicken pox what do i need to do ?

smurfette
14-05-2014, 01:41 PM
One of my mindees has been diagnosed this am with chicken pox, spots came out at weekend and she was here last Friday, do I need to let parents of mindees who were here with her know or all my mindees even ones who were here different days? Also what about those here the previous week? (Mindees all part time and she changed days each week) thanks

catminder
14-05-2014, 03:00 PM
I would inform parents of all mindees because they will all have been exposed to the virus. Also exclude the mindee until lesions are dry/not weeping. I hope he/she soon feels better
X Alison

smurfette
14-05-2014, 03:36 PM
I would inform parents of all mindees because they will all have been exposed to the virus. Also exclude the mindee until lesions are dry/not weeping. I hope he/she soon feels better X Alison

Thank you.. Could you please help me phrase a text? I am stuck on the bit of incubation is 10-21 days. But I need to tell them they would have been exposed end last week or the previous one ?

smurfette
14-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Also one little one is abroad is it fair while on hols to let them know?!

JKL
14-05-2014, 03:44 PM
"Hi, unfortunately one of our lo's has come down with chicken pox. It is my duty to make you aware as incubation can be upto 21 days prior to spots appearing. Please keep an eye out and inform me if your LO appears to be developing spots. Thanks, JKL"

Any good? x

smurfette
14-05-2014, 03:45 PM
"Hi, unfortunately one of our lo's has come down with chicken pox. It is my duty to make you aware as incubation can be upto 21 days prior to spots appearing. Please keep an eye out and inform me if your LO appears to be developing spots. Thanks, JKL" Any good? x

Perfect., just thinking they may want to know when they would have been exposed so they can count the 21 days?

smurfette
14-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Oh and I didnt have anything jn my policies about it can I put something in now? Dr this am told mum to keep Lo away from Childcare Til next wed.. Thank you dr!!

JKL
14-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Perfect., just thinking they may want to know when they would have been exposed so they can count the 21 days?

Then how about...

"Hi, unfortunately one of our lo's has come down with chicken pox, spots appeared on Friday. It is my duty to make you aware as incubation can be upto 21 days prior to spots appearing. Please keep an eye out and inform me if your LO appears to be developing spots. Thanks, JKL"

? :D xx

smurfette
14-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Then how about... "Hi, unfortunately one of our lo's has come down with chicken pox, spots appeared on Friday. It is my duty to make you aware as incubation can be upto 21 days prior to spots appearing. Please keep an eye out and inform me if your LO appears to be developing spots. Thanks, JKL" ? :D xx
Thank you!! Shall I say I will exclude?

Tazmin68
14-05-2014, 04:28 PM
HPA guidelines is 5 days and until all spots have scabbed over. I have a lo who has just returned Monday after having chicken pox. Busby sister came down with it on Sunday and sibling which I also have has come down with it yesterday. I just warned the parents of the other children that I look after to be observant which I did two weeks ago when the first child went down with it. Seems like I've had it around here for ages.

AliceK
14-05-2014, 04:41 PM
I had 3 LO's come down with it all within a few days of each other. I exclude until all spots have scabbed over. This is what I had to do when my DS had it when he was at nursery. Usually takes about a week.

xxx