PDA

View Full Version : Had my inspection yesterday

Ant_h18
14-05-2014, 05:22 AM
Had my inspection yesterday, and got a outcome. However why is it that I can't say the outcome intil the report is published. Plus she said the report gets check by ofsted and they can change the grading, is this true?

mrsb79
14-05-2014, 05:45 AM
Hi that's right Ofsted have the power to tweak the report and change the grade however you have the right to appeal. I think by not announcing your grading before publication is just to save you having egg on your face should Ofsted not agree with the inspector. You should receive a phone call from prospects asking how you would like to receive your copy of your report ie post or email then you have 24hrs to check over your report and say whether or not you agree to it. I had an inspection a fortnight ago brought on because of a malicious complaint ( parent trying to get out of paying fees ) so my report will take longer to come through, I rang prospects yesterday to chase up my report as all the other parents who use my setting are quite eager to see the report as they have been supporting throughout the whole complaint process which was awful. I hope you don't have to wait too long with my first inspection I received my report 5 days after inspection. Good luck

Tazmin68
14-05-2014, 06:02 AM
Yes it is true. It is quality assurance. I hope they don't take too long I know of childminders who are still waiting fir their report after 4 months. Mine took about three weeks and that was September.

hectors house
14-05-2014, 06:37 AM
Look forward to you being able to share your grade with us all - can you give us any tips on how your inspection went and what the inspector liked/didn't like?

I see from your profile on the side of page that you have been childminding since 2011 and got a good in your last inspection, so this wasn't your first inspection - just surprised that they came to you so promptly. My last inspection was over 5 years ago and that's quite normal for our area unless you get satisfactory in previous inspection or have a complaint made against you or it's obviously a first inspection.

rickysmiths
14-05-2014, 11:01 AM
They want to get all of us inspected by the end of the cycle which I think is August 2015 and maybe earlier as Agencies come in this Sept?

Rubybubbles
14-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Look forward to you being able to share your grade with us all - can you give us any tips on how your inspection went and what the inspector liked/didn't like? I see from your profile on the side of page that you have been childminding since 2011 and got a good in your last inspection, so this wasn't your first inspection - just surprised that they came to you so promptly. My last inspection was over 5 years ago and that's quite normal for our area unless you get satisfactory in previous inspection or have a complaint made against you or it's obviously a first inspection.

My friend in bucks got good in 2011 and had another inspection feb 2014 with no complaints made

Hope you got what you wanted with your grade?

Simona
15-05-2014, 06:53 AM
In one of the most recent Ofsted publications the inspectorate has confirmed that the current cycle of inspection ends in 2016...I am trying to locate it to post it for you but this has been so since EYFS 2012 wae revised

All cms are told that we need to wait for Quality Assurance to check the report before the grade given to us by the inspector is confirmed.

Chatterbox Childcare
15-05-2014, 07:42 AM
They want to get all of us inspected by the end of the cycle which I think is August 2015 and maybe earlier as Agencies come in this Sept?

I thought it was Sept 13 to July 16

loocyloo
15-05-2014, 12:13 PM
The current cycle is September12 to August 16 x

amyp
15-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Ofsted told me July 16 on Saturday x

Ant_h18
18-07-2014, 11:20 AM
I got good :) whoop whoop.

watford wizz
18-07-2014, 11:33 AM