PDA

View Full Version : how to word text without sounding accusing?

Rickers83
13-05-2014, 09:09 AM
One if the lo's bought a little wooden car with him this morning...... Said car is now nowhere to be found
I've sweeped the whole downstairs, in toy boxes, under chairs/cushions etc

On of my schoolies age 4 has a habit if bringing things home from school in his pockets/bags, I don't have him tonight but want to ask mum to check his things tonight

How can I word a text without it sounding like I'm outright accusing him?

smurfette
13-05-2014, 09:14 AM
Start it 'dear all' and just send to her.. Just say 'would everyone mind please just checking Los bags in case the car has dropped in by accident'

Ripeberry
13-05-2014, 09:15 AM
What Murph said :thumbsup:

Kaybeaa
13-05-2014, 09:21 AM
I had a very similar situation when our remote control went missing. I had a feeling it was one of my light fingered mindees but didn't want to accuse/assume so just did a general text which I just sent to the one mindees parent.

Remote control turned up in DS toybox ...

Rickers83
13-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Great thanks

Heres hoping its found soon as the child it belongs to's mum is already annoyed today as I've said I cant swap a day in July because its my daughters sports day/fete & that I have to close half day another day in July as my eldest has orthodontist, & the last time I took this lo he screamed in terror the whole time we were there & my poor dd hates going as it is!

AliceK
13-05-2014, 10:27 AM
Great thanks

Heres hoping its found soon as the child it belongs to's mum is already annoyed today as I've said I cant swap a day in July because its my daughters sports day/fete & that I have to close half day another day in July as my eldest has orthodontist, & the last time I took this lo he screamed in terror the whole time we were there & my poor dd hates going as it is!

I make all parents aware that if they bring toys in from home I accept no responsibility for them. I have had things get lost and I tell parents that said item may turn up at a later date. It's not my fault if they insist on bringing things and parents let them in order for a quiet life. One LO sometimes brings cars, no idea why as I have a box with literally over 100 different cars / vehicles in. I always tell parents it will probably get lost amongst all the others here. Don't feel bad. When my DS went to childminders I didn't let him take toys with him, there is no need.

xxx

smurfette
13-05-2014, 10:31 AM
I make all parents aware that if they bring toys in from home I accept no responsibility for them. I have had things get lost and I tell parents that said item may turn up at a later date. It's not my fault if they insist on bringing things and parents let them in order for a quiet life. One LO sometimes brings cars, no idea why as I have a box with literally over 100 different cars / vehicles in. I always tell parents it will probably get lost amongst all the others here. Don't feel bad. When my DS went to childminders I didn't let him take toys with him, there is no need. xxx

This!!! Don't worry about it, just say it will probably turn up later and you will keep an eye that's all you can do!

Rubybubbles
13-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Great thanks Heres hoping its found soon as the child it belongs to's mum is already annoyed today as I've said I cant swap a day in July because its my daughters sports day/fete & that I have to close half day another day in July as my eldest has orthodontist, & the last time I took this lo he screamed in terror the whole time we were there & my poor dd hates going as it is!

Tough it's plenty of time for her to sort something else out!

I always take sports day off for my 2! I want to enjoy watching

Vikki5531
13-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Tough it's plenty of time for her to sort something else out! I always take sports day off for my 2! I want to enjoy watching

We're not allowed to watch it at our Daughters school :(

Rubybubbles
13-05-2014, 12:06 PM
We're not allowed to watch it at our Daughters school :(

:( thats so sad

On the plus side you won't have dd asking you to run the mums race haha

wee_elf
13-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Tough about sports day, as others have said you have given enough notice and your child comes first in this instance!

Rickers83
14-05-2014, 06:39 AM
The missing car has mysteriously turned up this morning, just casually sitting on the dining room table!!

Glad its back, but also makes me think in going to have to watch everything they touch & be careful what I leave out!

wee_elf
14-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Glad it turned up :-)