PDA

View Full Version : Feel awful!

dolly1985
13-05-2014, 06:02 AM
Last month I had to have two days off because my son had upset stomach/temp and now yesterday I had a migraine and had to let parents down- today been left with awful neck ache and am feeling high as a kite on painkillers!

Dont really want to look after children when feeling so drowsy

Hope my parents are not really Annoyed with me :-(

Mouse
13-05-2014, 06:11 AM
I've gone 18 years with a total of about 8 days off sick, then this month I have had to have 2 days off. I've hated it, but luckily my parents have all been very understanding.

It's one of those things that can't be helped and you do need to think of the safety of the children if you're affected by pain killers. Take the day today to get yourself fighting fit ready for tomorrow xx

smurfette
13-05-2014, 06:21 AM
Hate it when that happens. Sometimes it just goes that way, I am sure they know you are reliable and this can't be helped xx

Maza
13-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Unfortunately it's one of the risks parents take when they choose a childminder or nanny as opposed to a nursery. If you have to take a day off then there is nothing you can do. Just think, although the parents might be a bit inconvenienced at first, they might secretly have a lovely day off with their child if they can't find alternative care at such short notice! Also, if something happened and you had stayed open they would be the first to say "Why didn't you tell us you weren't 100%. We would have never left them with you if we had known!"

wee_elf
13-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Oh bless you, hope you feel better soon :)

dolly1985
13-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Thanks everyone-I have told the mum I'm back working tomorrow and looking forward to having the kids!

I just hate the thought of them thinking I'm unreliable but there isn't much I can do about that!