PDA

View Full Version : weight loss

shortstuff
13-05-2014, 05:00 AM
So as its been a while I thought I would ask...... hows everyone's weight loss going?

smurfette
13-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Hia I gained two pounds last week but now it's totm so I am pretty sure that's it. Usually bloats me. Almost lost half a stone on the 5:2 and am happy with it, yesterday's fast day actually felt easy! Will see the difference in the scales next week I would say. How's you getting on?

shortstuff
13-05-2014, 09:20 AM
yeah i find the same x good for you thats really good and a brill chance of keeping it off x

i have cheated more often than being good over the last 5 weeks so have lost 2lb over those, but 1stone 2lb over all. Thats since 20/1. Only 12 lb to go and I will be happy x

kaz26
14-05-2014, 11:20 AM
Weigh in 2nite I've been sooo good but my scales are not showing a loss at all :(

smurfette
14-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Weigh in 2nite I've been sooo good but my scales are not showing a loss at all :(

No gain is good though Hun, could be water retention? Are you doing slimming world?

smurfette
14-05-2014, 11:56 AM
I was very bad yesterday, bottle of coke lots of choc and Chinese for dinner (gonna finish it for lunch!) as had such a bad day with screamer! He is only here today then not Til next week so back on track!

shortstuff
14-05-2014, 01:26 PM

As murphf said it isnt a gain x

ziggy
14-05-2014, 01:33 PM
I got to target with slimming world in February, losing 2.5stone. Sadly I am now 4lbs over target, so hoping weigh in later will be good news. I can be really good if i dont go out lol. Weekends away are such a temptation but have given away all my bigger clothes so dont want to gain weight now

shortstuff
14-05-2014, 01:50 PM
I got to target with slimming world in February, losing 2.5stone. Sadly I am now 4lbs over target, so hoping weigh in later will be good news. I can be really good if i dont go out lol. Weekends away are such a temptation but have given away all my bigger clothes so dont want to gain weight now

Well done on reaching target x

I go but am really lacking motivation and a horrid woman told me I need to wire my mouth shut this week so im contemplating not going back. I think ive eaten my weeks syns yesterday and today :(

ziggy
14-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Well done on reaching target x

I go but am really lacking motivation and a horrid woman told me I need to wire my mouth shut this week so im contemplating not going back. I think ive eaten my weeks syns yesterday and today :(

That is an awful thing to say, I hope she was joking. It isnt easy. It's a year ago today that I joined and not sure exactly how I did it. Plus our job doesnt help, who gets time to prepare sensible meal or get time to sit and eat it??????

Is there another group you could join? Dont give up, if I can do it anyone can, as I have no willpower at all

JKL
14-05-2014, 02:18 PM
I've been doing slimming world for nearly 4 weeks now (weigh in tomorrow).

I lost 6.5lb in week 1, 1lb in week 2, gained .5 in week 3, hoping week 4 is back on track! Aiming for 2lb off this week!

Too many distractions though! Grr! Christening last Sunday and a 1st birthday this Saturday! I will never be thin at this rate! :p

x

shortstuff
14-05-2014, 06:08 PM
That is an awful thing to say, I hope she was joking. It isnt easy. It's a year ago today that I joined and not sure exactly how I did it. Plus our job doesnt help, who gets time to prepare sensible meal or get time to sit and eat it??????

Is there another group you could join? Dont give up, if I can do it anyone can, as I have no willpower at all

To be fair I don't know if she was joking but as shes never spoken to me I took itvery badly.

Ive done really well and lost 16lb since starting the end of jan. Since the last 5 weeks ivd had the op and my 40th I have had 3 maintains, half pound and 1 n half lb losses.

Ive promised the rep I will give it this Monday n see how I feel but im not convinced x

Oh n I have very little willpower either x

smurfette
14-05-2014, 06:37 PM
That's shocking that she would say that ., if that the leader?! You have done great don't let anyone tell you otherwise.. Hugs for you xx

funemnx
14-05-2014, 06:39 PM
I thought I'd try the 5:2 diet and lost 6lbs in 3 weeks. Just old fashioned low fat/calorie counting now and lost another 4lb in the last 3 months altogether (including a holiday and weekends away) so happy with that - slow but steady! I've got the fitnesspal app on my phone which is proving addictive and trying to do 10,000 steps on my pedometer (yeah for school runs!) :thumbsup:

Still hoping to lose a stone in the next 4 months :)

shortstuff
14-05-2014, 07:45 PM
I thought I'd try the 5:2 diet and lost 6lbs in 3 weeks. Just old fashioned low fat/calorie counting now and lost another 4lb in the last 3 months altogether (including a holiday and weekends away) so happy with that - slow but steady! I've got the fitnesspal app on my phone which is proving addictive and trying to do 10,000 steps on my pedometer (yeah for school runs!) :thumbsup:

Still hoping to lose a stone in the next 4 months :)

well done for finding something that suits you. Thats brill, keep us updated x

shortstuff
14-05-2014, 07:49 PM
That's shocking that she would say that ., if that the leader?! You have done great don't let anyone tell you otherwise.. Hugs for you xx

It wasnt the leader it was another member there, you would have thought we were all there for the same thing? obviously I'm wrong.

Trouble is our usual rep has left and is being replaced by a complete novice but the last 2 sessions her boss has run the group so I think they are both expecting each other to do everything and its not been great. The only reason I have agreed to give it another shot is that this week is the new reps first night on her own and I usually do the computer, greeting everyone and taking their money. I think thats the other reason I took it so badly, I have only been nice to this woman and helped her and the others out and that was the thanks I got. Never mind I have eaten enough crap food now that I am feeling more like myself. Now to deal with everything else that feels like its surrounding me ready to squish me x

smurfette
14-05-2014, 10:44 PM
It wasnt the leader it was another member there, you would have thought we were all there for the same thing? obviously I'm wrong. Trouble is our usual rep has left and is being replaced by a complete novice but the last 2 sessions her boss has run the group so I think they are both expecting each other to do everything and its not been great. The only reason I have agreed to give it another shot is that this week is the new reps first night on her own and I usually do the computer, greeting everyone and taking their money. I think thats the other reason I took it so badly, I have only been nice to this woman and helped her and the others out and that was the thanks I got. Never mind I have eaten enough crap food now that I am feeling more like myself. Now to deal with everything else that feels like its surrounding me ready to squish me x

That seems worse somehow as you say you are all in the same boat!! You are very good to still persevere and help after that! Sounds like you could do without that if you have other stuff going on? We are here if you want to talk.. Big hugs xx

shortstuff
15-05-2014, 05:47 AM
That seems worse somehow as you say you are all in the same boat!! You are very good to still persevere and help after that! Sounds like you could do without that if you have other stuff going on? We are here if you want to talk.. Big hugs xx

Ah thanks murphf x