PDA

View Full Version : Jackie

Jcq1
12-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Hi new to here I am wanting to start childminding in chester I do have my NVQ 3 in childcare but do I need to do another course in child care first ?? Thank you

Rick
12-05-2014, 06:48 PM
You will need to do a local authority course.

Have a look at this thread

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/starting-childminding-pre-registration-visits/117176-registering-childminder.html

tulip0803
12-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Hi Jackie

You have a good basis having already got your Level 3 but as Rick says you will also need to do a local authority childminding course. Childminding is different to other types of childcare as you are self employed and working alone. The course will cover these aspects and the paperwork that you will need to use when childminding, how to protect yourself and your family from allegations.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Simona
14-05-2014, 07:37 AM
Hi new to here I am wanting to start childminding in chester I do have my NVQ 3 in childcare but do I need to do another course in child care first ?? Thank you

If you register under EYFS 2012 then yes your LA will provide you with the courses to get you to become a cm...you have until 31 August to do so

BUT...if you wait until Sept 2014 with the revised EYFS 2014 the requirements are different
You could give your Early Years Team a ring and make direct enquiries with them...see what they say and what is on offer

Good luck