PDA

View Full Version : Screamer!!!

smurfette
12-05-2014, 08:15 AM
Aargggghh! That is all

shortstuff
12-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Oh no x what time is wine - o'clock in your house today?

smurfette
12-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Usually 530.. Am on a fast day today with the 5:2 diet though! Though I have been a grumpy *** lately so I think I might see how I go and take a few days off

shortstuff
12-05-2014, 08:20 AM
Usually 530.. Am on a fast day today with the 5:2 diet though! Though I have been a grumpy *** lately so I think I might see how I go and take a few days off

I think I would x

Ive been the same x since my op I have more days when I cheat than when I am careful what I eat x

smurfette
12-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Lol is s o d a bad word now?! How are you feeling?

shortstuff
12-05-2014, 10:03 AM
I dont know I will ask ds later x I had a friend over for a chat yesterday and every now n then his little voice would say 'thats a naughty word' lol x

Im ok now thanks the incision has finally healed after a bit of stitch thread worked its way out x just trying to process the next one now x its hit me that im losing all my baby making kit x not that I planned anymore but still x

tess1981
12-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Not even chocolate and wine can help when you have a screamer the day seems to go so slow. When I get a day like this I tend to want to cry but keep telling my self 5.30 will eventually arrive. I even have to pop the screamer in a cot for 15 mins in the evening with their bottle to let them chill. Usually this settles them a lot

smurfette
13-05-2014, 07:22 AM
I dont know I will ask ds later x I had a friend over for a chat yesterday and every now n then his little voice would say 'thats a naughty word' lol x Im ok now thanks the incision has finally healed after a bit of stitch thread worked its way out x just trying to process the next one now x its hit me that im losing all my baby making kit x not that I planned anymore but still x

It seems final I guess though doesn't it? I assume you were having health problems so I hope you will soon feel better xxx

Lol at Ds and the bad words!!

smurfette
13-05-2014, 07:28 AM
Not even chocolate and wine can help when you have a screamer the day seems to go so slow. When I get a day like this I tend to want to cry but keep telling my self 5.30 will eventually arrive. I even have to pop the screamer in a cot for 15 mins in the evening with their bottle to let them chill. Usually this settles them a lot

Thanks for
The tip!! He was good in the end, funnily enough we went out in car to toddlers and when we got there he went off and never looked back even though he had never been before lol!! I couldn't believe it cos in the house he didnt want me to leave the room even though he could see me in kitchen still! Fell asleep on way home and got him into buggy to sleep, he cried for about ten mins but then he slept for an hour and ten mins!! He doesn't sleep at home and is breastfed to sleep, rod for their own backs but what can you do, poor mite. He was like a different child in afternoon after sleeping , we took my daughters to their swimming lesson and he played happily with the other kids there and was playing happily when mum arrived!

Crying now cos he is knackered and won't go to sleep but I am determined to get him into a routine! Apparently he won't settle for mum on way home so dad is now going to collect
This evening with mum following behind in case he needs breastfeeding ., don't know what that's all about ! Dad won't be able to pick up for half hour after mum and although they are on a day rate I hope mum will be able to keep collecting or all three mindees will be leaving at 515 which is mental enough with two at the same time.. The mums have a chat while the kids are left to run riot and one of them pushed the other one five
Times the other day before they left!!! Grrr!

smurfette
13-05-2014, 10:19 AM
And... He is in the cot

tess1981
13-05-2014, 10:22 AM
And... He is in the cot

Not another day of screaming ahhhhhh

smurfette
13-05-2014, 10:28 AM
He was ok for a while but it now materialises he doesn't sleep well, he is exhausted and can't understand why I am not breastfeeding him! Why oh why do parents make rods for their own backs?! Apparently dad is gonna collect this pm with mum driving behind cos she can't settle him on way home.. Don't know how that will help, she maybe does need to breastfeed him when she picks him up before a 45 min drive!!

smurfette
13-05-2014, 10:29 AM
As far as I can see for all they say he self feeds he eats very little, his poo still smells like a breastfed newborn.. It's not fair on him is it?

tess1981
13-05-2014, 10:30 AM
As far as I can see for all they say he self feeds he eats very little, his poo still smells like a breastfed newborn.. It's not fair on him is it?

What age is he

tess1981
13-05-2014, 10:31 AM
He was ok for a while but it now materialises he doesn't sleep well, he is exhausted and can't understand why I am not breastfeeding him! Why oh why do parents make rods for their own backs?! Apparently dad is gonna collect this pm with mum driving behind cos she can't settle him on way home.. Don't know how that will help, she maybe does need to breastfeed him when she picks him up before a 45 min drive!!

And are both going to drive separate cars home on a 45 min journey

smurfette
13-05-2014, 10:32 AM
10 months never been left with anyone else .. Mum says she will come out to me but I feel that will only prolong It he will have to learn :(

To be fair it's only week three

smurfette
13-05-2014, 10:34 AM
And are both going to drive separate cars home on a 45 min journey

Yep! But dad works near here and she doesn't but would be going home from here I guess but sure it would be quicker from work! Hope it doesn't become regular as mum told me she would be picking up everyday half an hour earlier!

tess1981
13-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Give it another couple of weeks. How does the child drink milk now from a cup or a bottle?

smurfette
13-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Give it another couple of weeks. How does the child drink milk now from a cup or a bottle?

From a cup with me reasonably well but I don't feel it's enough when he isn't eating naff all!

Took him out for walk in buggy and he stopped immediately, then fell asleep , slept on when back so hope he sleeps a while, he seems to be better in afternoon when he has had a good nap.

Thanks tess you kept me sane this morning knowing you were 'on the other end of the line' .. Appreciate it xx

smurfette
13-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Slept an hour and 15 mins and still
Giving out, have given him some calpol as he just seems miserable so maybe his teeth are at him too.. Have text mum and told her so she was saying she might pick him up early. It's a fine Line isn't it cos you don't want them to think that you can't cope but you have to tell them if they aren't settled ESP if you might not be able to manage it long term!

tess1981
13-05-2014, 12:49 PM
From a cup with me reasonably well but I don't feel it's enough when he isn't eating naff all!

Took him out for walk in buggy and he stopped immediately, then fell asleep , slept on when back so hope he sleeps a while, he seems to be better in afternoon when he has had a good nap.

Thanks tess you kept me sane this morning knowing you were 'on the other end of the line' .. Appreciate it xx

You are very welcome ... :) others keep me sane on here too X

smurfette
13-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Ok mum is en route think there needs to be a frank chat . What do I need to talk to her about? I think she is breastfeeding him in the afternoon when she is off, would that lead him to expect it every day at that time and make him miserable?

tess1981
13-05-2014, 01:37 PM
If he gets it at home in the afternoon he expects it when he is hungry. It's what he is used to. mum might also think this is their time together and not want to give it up. Suggest she tries a cup or bottle at home and maybe reduce breastfeeding feeding to night time. It would also help if she didn't let him fall asleep whole feeding so he will be able to settle to sleep without being fed. If the milk is reduced from mum he should get hungrier and maybe eat more solids. Be careful how you approach it telling a parent not to breastfeeding feed and suggesting breast feeding be reduced to aid settling in so the child is more relaxed and content are two different things. I hope it goes well x

smurfette
13-05-2014, 04:41 PM
If he gets it at home in the afternoon he expects it when he is hungry. It's what he is used to. mum might also think this is their time together and not want to give it up. Suggest she tries a cup or bottle at home and maybe reduce breastfeeding feeding to night time. It would also help if she didn't let him fall asleep whole feeding so he will be able to settle to sleep without being fed. If the milk is reduced from mum he should get hungrier and maybe eat more solids. Be careful how you approach it telling a parent not to breastfeeding feed and suggesting breast feeding be reduced to aid settling in so the child is more relaxed and content are two different things. I hope it goes well x

Mum was fine. She wanted to know did I think he was ill. I said I didn't know but he was more settled yesterday than today which I expected to be the other way around. She said if he wasn't unwell tomorrow would I take him and I said of course, I wasn't asking her to collect
Him and she said yes I know but I can't concentrate at work if I know he isn't happy so I may as well collect him! I have sent her a link to the baby sleep website as some of my other mums have found it helpful, she said he doesn't sleep despite Best efforts (hmm) and came into their bed at two but won't sleep there either and she was up to him about 7 times. Rod to back comes to mind. Wish people would see it's actually kinder to get
Them in a sleep routine!

Didn't get as far as the whole breastfeed
Thing, I looked back at his routine she gave him and she pretty much feeds him a lot of the day so if he gets that four days a week he is gonna be confused alright.. Thanks for tips it has to be handled gently alright and didn't feel today was the time, will have to drip feed it I think :(

Hate that she collected really cos I don't want her to think I can't cope which is why I said I wasn't asking her to collect was her decision

kaz26
14-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Sending u hugs I had a screamer and I always just wanted to cry hope it soon settles down sending hugs xx

smurfette
14-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Thank you for the the hugs!! Well I don't want to jinx it but we have had a really good morning on the whole! He didn't cry when daddy left him off, then cried a bit on and off as he was tired , he did roar then for 20 Mins in the car but wouldn't drop off and of course did as soon as we arrived where we wanted to go! So we sat in the car and let him have half an hour and then we walked in the botanic gardens for over an hour and I fed him snacks as he went along (ate a reasonable amount of breakfast too!) when we came back he played really happily for about half an hilt laughing at me and smiling, (he is so cute when he is smiling!) and then suddenly got tired.:. I popped him in buggy and he literally went to sleep after crying for one minute!! Nearly half an hour usually as he is breastfed to sleep at home and I can't console him! Hope he has a decent sleep now !