PDA

View Full Version : Contracts

Snowwhite
09-05-2014, 09:46 AM
When you take a deposit off a parent to secure a place for their child then do you just take the deposit (a reasonable amount and non-refundable) then fill out contract and sign it nearer the start date, or do you take deposit and sign contract that day or within a few days? (even though a parent doesn't need you to start until several months down the line)

My way of doing it has always been: Take deposit once parent decides they want me, (whether that be on same day or within a few days) Then either fill out contract along with the deposit if its fairly soon a parent needs the childcare to start, otherwise i will take the non refundable deposit and if its from this September they need childcare (and have enquired this month) then i will take a decent amount as a deposit which is non refundable and either all or some will go towards Septembers fee then i'll arrange a date and time for parent to come back in August to sign contract etc.This has always worked out ok.

I have just had an enquiry about someone just wanting 2 afternoons a week from Sept for after school only,and have said yes as business has been quiet lately so i am in need of this! Thanks

cs01
09-05-2014, 10:18 AM
I always get the parents to sign a contract at the same time as taking a deposit. It is then clear what the deposit is for and should the parent then not decide to take up the place, they have signed a contract confirming they understand that the deposit is non refundable.

rickysmiths
09-05-2014, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't dream of taking a Deposit without the parent signing a Contract and signing that they accept, agree to and have had a copy of all my Policies including my Fees and Payments Policy.

Without the paperwork to back you up what an earth do you do if things go wrong before the Contract is signed?

I always sign a Contract when a parent decides to use me and I take a Deposit (usually 4 weeks fees) at that time and it is noted on the Contract how much and the fact that it will not be returned if they leave me in the first six months, if they stay longer the Deposit will be used to cover the Notice period when they leave, if all fees are paid and up to date at that point.

Snowwhite
09-05-2014, 04:45 PM
Thankyou for your replies