PDA

View Full Version : Help! Cheap double pushchair

Miss freckles
09-05-2014, 08:40 AM
So my double pushchair just snapped on me on the school run! Luckily the older children helped me to get to school by holding the smaller childrens hands whilst I tried to lift/carry/drag the pushchair. We just made it to school as the gates were beginning to close.

Luckily there is a park right next to school. So I took the two Los in there while I tried to figure out what to do, in the end the safest thing for me to do was leave the pushchair at the park where I've had to arrange for my husband to pick it up after work and take it to the dump, whilst I walked home with the two little ones. They were quite good actually it just tool 45 mins to do a walk that norm takes 5 with a pushchair.

So I need a new double pushchair by Monday and it just happens to fall on the week where we need two new tyres for he car, and pay a large sum for our holiday! So I'm looking for advice over what is the best double to buy on a budget.

I don't want to pay more then £150 but need it to be still good enough to do the job. I've seen obaby and maclarens, but somebody said they wouldn't recommend obaby, any advice please :panic:

rickysmiths
09-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Kiddicare. Kiddicare - Pushchairs | Prams | Car Seats | Baby Equipment | Online Baby Shop (http://www.kiddicare.com/) When my buggy was stolen my dh ordered one at 8.30am one morning and my new one was with me by 7.30am the next day. Couldn't fault them.

cs01
09-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Always worth looking on 2nd hand sites or ebay. I got my 360 double nipper 2nd hand and its the best pushchair I've used. You might get lucky if an auction is ending this weekend.

JKL
09-05-2014, 12:37 PM
I'd second eBay. I got my Graco Stadium Duo from eBay with raincover and both footmuffs for £35.

Argos/Trsco/Asda websites are also worth a look too.

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/9020830.htm

xx

funemnx
09-05-2014, 12:38 PM
My cheapest - Tesco side by side umbrella buggy £32!!

My bestest ever the Graco Stadium Duo £120 ish... :thumbsup:

shrinking3
09-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Have you thought of looking on the local selling pages on facebook? There is a dedicated pushchair group near here!

Bluebell
11-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Is there another childminder local to you that could lend you one for a couple of days until you can get a new one?

I have 2 double puchchairs as work with an assistant but as i had twins leave and replaced with toddlers I only ever use one double pushchair.

Likewise some childminders have different kinds - one that fits in the car or one that is better for all terrain.

Another option would be to use a single and if you have a small baby use a baby carrier? Not ideal but just if you are really stuck until a new one arrives / can spread the cost out a bit??

Would definitely recommend local selling sites but don't rush to spend out a lot of money on something that isn't what you want!

Best Wishes - hope you find something!

wee_elf
12-05-2014, 04:03 PM
I often see them advertised on my local facebook selling sites, in fact there is one on sale for £30 at the moment.

Tazmin68
12-05-2014, 06:05 PM
I do have the obaby Apollo twin which I am more than happy with. Although generally I use a mothercare jive with buggy board.

wee_elf
12-05-2014, 06:55 PM
I was just looking at the jive the other day for my Lo. Do you rate it? X

Tazmin68
13-05-2014, 10:08 AM
I have two jives as there is a set of clips that you can buy which I have used a few times to clip them together and use as a very wide double. I only really use a buggy when going from car into school or group so not for a long journey. Both of them I have bought in sales over the years.

wee_elf
13-05-2014, 02:08 PM
Thanks Tazmin68! :)