PDA

View Full Version : offended!!!!

3 little ducks
08-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Just been filling in an online survey and when it asked for my employment it had a drop down list to choose from, on it it said manual work requiring no formal training only common sense ie childminder!! *** do they really think we are untrained. :angry::mad::(:censored:

blue bear
08-05-2014, 08:37 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: if only

Bumble Beez
09-05-2014, 05:42 AM
:laughing: so wish this was the case!! :laughing:
Has made my morning hearing that!!

Sarah x

Rickers83
09-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Doesn't surprise me at all!

Most people I've spoken to are amazed at how much training I had to do & the paperwork!

Some have actually said to me they just thought it was like babysitting but for adults! :panic:

JackieJones123
09-05-2014, 07:03 AM
Oh but all we do all day is play with children, how hard can it be?! If only I had a pound for every time I heard that one

bunyip
09-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Just been filling in an online survey and when it asked for my employment it had a drop down list to choose from, on it it said manual work requiring no formal training only common sense ie childminder!! *** do they really think we are untrained. :angry::mad::(:censored:

"Very little formal training" would've been nearer the mark. :D :thumbsup: :D

Tbf, it's not exactly mind-taxing stuff, now, is it? :huh:

JCrakers
09-05-2014, 07:49 AM
lol

Sounds funny on here but I'd also be offended by that. What kind of an example is that...?!?!

It's like saying 'What kind of a personality do you have?'

Up yourself and a bit of a knob....like a male BMW driver

:laughing:

hectors house
09-05-2014, 08:45 AM
lol

Sounds funny on here but I'd also be offended by that. What kind of an example is that...?!?!

Had to laugh - saw a 3 car shunt this morning, straight piece of road, daylight, good visibility - obviously cars driving close to each other - car in middle a BMW being driven by a man!:D

munch149
09-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Ive been told before that I've never had a proper job. My previous jobs to childminding were all part time, agency work or unskilled jobs. Apparantly childminding doesn't count as a proper job either. Why? If it's because I'm self employed so was the guy in question.

toddlers896
09-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Mmmm that says it all. No wonder some of us feel so unmotivated

bunyip
09-05-2014, 05:37 PM
lol

OoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bit of misandry there. Is it my turn to be offended for once. That'll be the day. :rolleyes:

(Anyway, I own a Pashley, not a BMW.) :D

Fitrix
09-05-2014, 05:42 PM
I told one parent that if I'm not working I like to pop into town once I've dropped kids at school. She said "oh you work! What do you do?"..... My jaw hitting the deck put her straight.

Macca3437
09-05-2014, 10:52 PM
That is just priceless lol

lilac_dragon
10-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Our GP's surgery has a Test Your Own Blood Pressure machine. You use it and then fill in a form about your lifestyle and hand it in.
I was sat next to it waiting to go in, and idly read the form.
It asked "do you have a non-physical job ie Childminder"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I walk 6-8 miles a day just doing the school and Nursery runs, lift children in and out of prams, buggy's, swings, slides, climbing frames. Move equipment and toy boxes around all day every day. Lead song and Dance sessions, put up dens and tents, lug bags of sand and compost around for the los to use, and that's just the tip of the Iceberg as you all well know!

wee_elf
10-05-2014, 12:48 PM
That is terrible, but not surprising, sadly!

bunyip
10-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Our GP's surgery has a Test Your Own Blood Pressure machine. You use it and then fill in a form about your lifestyle and hand it in.
I was sat next to it waiting to go in, and idly read the form.
It asked "do you have a non-physical job ie Childminder"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see how being a childminder might be relevant to a blood pressure test.

Is there a scientific method of quantifying the effects of ever-changing regulations, Ofsted, HMRC, parents, children, schools, etc, etc. on blood pressure? :huh:
(not to mention the fact that we're not allowed to open a bottle until they've all gone home..... ;) )

:rolleyes:

Ripeberry
10-05-2014, 03:36 PM
I go to the gym and do bootcamp, just so that I can be strong enough to do childminding! When I first started I realized how out of shape I was. Lifting, twisting, bending, getting up from the floor are all demanding and much easier the fitter you are :)