PDA

View Full Version : Deposit/retainer

kime
08-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Have a prospective parent coming to see me this weekend about possibly minding their daughter from end of August. I have held a space before & charged 2 weeks fees which was then taken off first 2 weeks of care.

Just wondered what you guys do?

Thanks

smurfette
08-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Is the space available now or not Til August?

kime
08-05-2014, 08:08 PM
I have a space available now they just don't need to start til end August x

kime
09-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Does anyone have any info about what you do?

smurfette
09-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Sorry! Always a deposit , I do two weeks fees non refundable if they don't take space,
Refundable if I can't offer it. I knock it off final fees before they leave whenever that is

In your case I would take a retainer, it's a long way away and a space you could be earning from sooner.. 50% of fees but it then has to be available if they want to use it, subject to being topped up, or they can choose to come back to you nearer the time and take the chance space
Is still available.

Do a site search here and you will get some other views on it

Snowwhite
09-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Sorry! Always a deposit , I do two weeks fees non refundable if they don't take space,
Refundable if I can't offer it. I knock it off final fees before they leave whenever that is

In your case I would take a retainer, it's a long way away and a space you could be earning from sooner.. 50% of fees but it then has to be available if they want to use it, subject to being topped up, or they can choose to come back to you nearer the time and take the chance space
Is still available.

Do a site search here and you will get some other views on it

Sorry to hyjack this but would you charge a deposit plus a retainer ontop or just a retainer? I recently had one enquiry for childcare to start from July then another enquiry from September.Both are some distance away and i have the spaces now and needing to fill them now,but would be willing to wait if the right ones came along (such as the enquiries i have just had) Thanks