PDA

View Full Version : how do you organise your paperwork

Elkie Mawdsley
08-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm trying to decide how to organise my paperwork - would like to have a folder for each type of item, such as risk assessments, fire drills etc - but I'm thinking this will result in me having too many files (almost empty too at first).

Do you all just have one folder for them with dividers in?

Babysands
08-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm trying to decide how to organise my paperwork - would like to have a folder for each type of item, such as risk assessments, fire drills etc - but I'm thinking this will result in me having too many files (almost empty too at first).

Hi,

I am in the process of registering and so am slowly gathering together all of the required paperwork. I bought myself one of those expandable box files which has lots of separate sections in, which i can see will be ideal for the purpose, and then i will buy more files as and when needed once this one is full :)

Nicci

sarah707
08-05-2014, 07:54 PM
I have files for different things - and a shelf for everything! It makes sense to me if it's all separated out :D

Simona
08-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Hello everyone.

If you look at the EYFS Welfare Requirements you could divide in sections and put everything there...it is you who has to find it and show it to the inspector...so your method ...your style as long as you are confident with it and able to get your hands on the evidence quickly on the day.

Both risk assessment and fire drill come under Safety...why create additional folders if not required?...keep it simple and keep it to your requirements and organisational style !:thumbsup:

Cms do far too much paperwork...all that is needed is what is in the EYFS...keep it simple

wee_elf
08-05-2014, 08:28 PM
I am going to go for a system based on the welfare requirements and a lot of file dividers! I guess as long as I know where it is and can find it when needed the system works.....we will see :-) x

Elkie Mawdsley
08-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Thanks everyone :) - most useful advice as always x