PDA

View Full Version : toy cleaning

Kidston
08-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Wondered how often everyone cleaned all the toys and if you keep a log of it?

SYLVIA
08-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Here, it depends how many snotty noses we have that week! If coughs and colds are flying round then i will steam clean toys during the week as and when. Toy food goes in dishwasher each week. Most others are given a clean on a rolling monthly basis. Other than that if it comes out to be played with and looks a bit grubby it gets a wipe. I do log it in my diary though because one inspector told me my resources were not clean enough. She had actually picked up a child's doll from home that had a few damp marks on it head

mama2three
08-05-2014, 10:34 AM
When they need it. I don't mean to be flippant , but it depends on who is playing with them - is it a mouthing child , has someone got a cold..........
I don't log it ...my original RA says I will keep the toys clean....ticklists and logs prove nothing apart from I can tick a box!

munch149
08-05-2014, 12:43 PM
When they need it. I don't mean to be flippant , but it depends on who is playing with them - is it a mouthing child , has someone got a cold.......... I don't log it ...my original RA says I will keep the toys clean....ticklists and logs prove nothing apart from I can tick a box! I agree I did tick lists for everything when I started and always forgot to tick them. Now I don't bother. Realistically I could tick a box and have not done it anyway so what does it prove to an inspector. Only log it if it's beneficial to you.

lisa1968
08-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Usually in the school holidays-I have less children and more time!
I usually wash the dolls clothes and dressing up stuff;most of the other stuff goes in the dishwasher! (It was Peppa Pigs turn last week!!)

dolly1985
08-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Put plastic things in dishwasher weekly

Dragonfly
08-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Got too many plastic things/toys to put in the dishwasher :blush: clean as and when.