PDA

View Full Version : CSDO visit

funemnx
07-05-2014, 05:57 PM
I had an annual review from my CSDO today and we got on to talking about agencies. She says that 80 agencies were targeted for the trial runs - they could only get 20 and 2 of them gave up in the first few weeks.... Apparently, they aren't doing very well because CM have to pay hundreds to join up and surprise surprise no one is very interested. They are still going ahead in September though.... But not in Cambridgeshire - we have opted out of it and are spending the small amount of money available on other thing like supporting CM! Good to hear - I hope it's true :D

sing-low
07-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Ooh that's good to hear! I'm in Cambridgeshire too! From what I'd been able to work out, I thought Cambs wouldn't be pro-agency but glad to know for definite.

funemnx
08-05-2014, 06:25 AM
Hi Sing-low lovely to meet a local! Yes it is good news for once :D

Simona
08-05-2014, 06:58 AM
I had an annual review from my CSDO today and we got on to talking about agencies. She says that 80 agencies were targeted for the trial runs - they could only get 20 and 2 of them gave up in the first few weeks.... Apparently, they aren't doing very well because CM have to pay hundreds to join up and surprise surprise no one is very interested. They are still going ahead in September though.... But not in Cambridgeshire - we have opted out of it and are spending the small amount of money available on other thing like supporting CM! Good to hear - I hope it's true :D

It is good news to hear from your DO ...she seems updated and sharing info with cms and still wanting to support them unlike those LAs who will become an agency and therefore favour the deregulation of cms.

That is far from what we heard in our area when 4Children CEO came recently to do a presentation for cms on agencies...4 Children gave us no real news and was unable to answer any of our questions despite the fact many cms were very updated and more aware than others