PDA

View Full Version : PACEY Level 3 Diploma Course

melco
07-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Hi,

After some help. A couple of weeks ago I contacted Pacey to ask about the Level 3 course they do in Childcare, it all sounded good, I did the webinar, then the numeracy and literacy test, they said I was fine to go ahead and I just had to phone a number to pay the first monthly instalment. I did and then about 30minutes later I received a call saying that they need to take more money as the amount they took was incorrect. The amount they took did not include the CYPOP5. Reading about the CYPOP5 its about setting up your childminding business and I have been childminding for two years now. Is the CYPOP5 something I have to do even though I did a course through my council that covered all this before I started minding? I just don't want to have to pay out more for something I have already done. I am waiting for a call back from them and am nervous that if they are right then I can not afford to do the course at the moment :panic:

Thanks for your help in advance

melco

shortstuff
07-05-2014, 01:43 PM
I completed my cypop 5 to start up over the summer of '12. It might be worth checking whether the course you did was this one? The cypop 5 is a part of level 3. Im just completing mine through pacey.

wee_elf
07-05-2014, 02:03 PM
You are certainly right to get them to check before you dish out any more money! Sorry I don't know the answer x

rickysmiths
07-05-2014, 06:03 PM
If you have not done it previously then yes you have to do it as it forms part of the Level 3 Diploma Children and Young People's Workforce.

If you did CYPOP5 when you Registered and not an LA equivalent then you will probably have to give them proof you completed CYPOP 5.