PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

Sarahj2012
06-05-2014, 09:03 PM
I was wondering if I could ask some advice, I have been looking after a 34 month old for 1 day a week for 3 weeks so early days. Even though its only been 3 full days the child has shown me things like counting up to 50, knows all colours and shapes. However there are signs of rocking in the pushchair, lining up cars/trains and getting extremely upset if someone tries to break that pattern. The child will copy things I say and the other children say. If I say come to the table lunch is ready the child will ignore me or doesn't understand what I'm saying and I have to carry the child to the table. Basically I cant get 1 sentence out of them and the child doesn't seem to understand what I'm saying. I think i am right in saying that even though the child only comes one day a week I still need to do a learning journal for them. Now how can I tell the child's parents about my concerns without sounding negative or rude. I think I need to ask if the child has had their 2 year old check yet ? if they say no I don't feel like I know the child well enough to do it. The child just comes to me and no nursery

Any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks x

shortstuff
07-05-2014, 05:25 AM
Maybe lo just needs longer to settle with you? Some do find it tough in anew environment and this is their way of coping.