PDA

View Full Version : Right thats it - I have had enough!!!

Bluebell
06-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Completely fed up with car seats, highchairs, travel cots and buggies taking over every nook and cranny in my house!!! They are spilling out of cupboards and taking over the hallway and landing! I have a little lean to at the back of my house which is designed to take the washing machine but I can't even get to the washing machine because it has too much stuff in there!

I have just had enough of it and decided to buy a shed! It will take up quite a bit of room in my garden but it means I will have some of my house back!!!

cookiesncream
06-05-2014, 01:00 PM
I know what you mean. It's funny though, it doesn't seem to matter how much space you have you always seem to fill it! I would love to have some sort of magic spell to make it all disappear at the end of the day.

tess1981
06-05-2014, 01:04 PM
My ds goes away at the weekend and I cram all into his room and take it back out on Sunday evening but I have no excuse I have a huge garage out at the side on my house but could not be bothered walking it all out and In again. Shame on me :(

Bluebell
06-05-2014, 01:14 PM
lol! your poor son - that is so funny! I used to use the play room as a bit of a dumping ground and my boys shared but they decided they wanted their own room so that was the end of that!!

For me its not even the toys - my toys are quite well organised since I did an audit and had my FCCERS - I bought ikea storage and really scaled it down.

Its the bulky items - I work with an assistant so can work with 5 children (well 6 strictly but I find 5 is enough!) it meant extra highchairs, extra car seats - have baby seats, 4mo+ ones, high back boosters, and I have extra double pushchair- they just take up so much room as I don't need all of them in my car all at the same time - just seem to be swopping car seats all the time lol!

smurfette
06-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Lol did it only take you four minutes to order?! (From this post to one saying you ordered lol!) you were fed up!

SYLVIA
06-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Stuff gets everywhere, My car is full of car seats, the conservatory is a playroom, I have a garage that has buggies in, a wendy house full of toys, a huge shed that I have claimed half of for bulky toys, 2 large wheelie bins for outdoor toys and quadro parts and the trikes and 5 cosy coupe cars STILL have to stay on the patio. Even if I lived in a bigger house, I think I would still have this problem, Just goes with the job

hectors house
06-05-2014, 04:23 PM
My husband built me a large sliding door cupboard in my porch to put all the spare car seats, buggies, double buggies, welly boots, waterproof coats etc, etc in but it still manages to overflow into the rest of the house. My cupboard under the stairs is full of highchairs and table booster seats, spare clothes and a deep freeze that luckily I only have to access at Xmas. I pinched 2/3 of husbands garage as a toy store - god knows how I used to manage with just the cupboard under the stairs for everything when I re-registered 9 years ago!

Bluebell
07-05-2014, 08:25 AM
lol! Murphf - I had already had the 'aggghhh had enough moment' over the bank holiday weekend - on Monday night, and ordered the shed - but it probably wasn't much longer than 4 minutes! It was literally find a cheap shed and do it!!!

I think it was made worse because I tend to keep 2 car seats and the small umbrella fold double in my car all the time but its a zafira and I took my 2 biking on the weekend so needed to fold the seats down and so it was even more car seats and pushchairs than normal! I didn't have anywhere to put them so they were just sat by the door.

I've scaled back a bit on my outdoor toys - well I say that a couple got broken in the storms and I haven't replaced them. My outdoor toys are very much outdoor toys - they are just out all the time as nowhere to put them!