PDA

View Full Version : 12 year old bringing phone to the setting.

claire85
06-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Hi i have a 12 year old in my car whose been coming since she was 2. She has recently started bringing her phone . I am think of writing a policy for this but was just seeing if anybody else has children who bring mobile phones to there setting? Thanks x

Tazmin68
06-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Yes Phone is kept in school bag in porch. Plus we had to introduce a mobile policy a couple of years ago so should be covered in that.

Mrsh3103
06-05-2014, 12:22 PM
I have 2 children that bring their phones in the holidays. They know they are kept on the kitchen side when here. They are allowed to check them at set times throughout the day but must show me what they're sending/ receiving!

Goatgirl
06-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Hi :),
I have a 12 year old after school who has a phone with her. I don't allow the children to use mobile phones unless there's a very good reason, in which case they would ask me and be supervised by me. (e.g. need to talk to parent urgently as upset etc). No game playing and no internet access would be allowed under any circumstances.
As it is, the mindee is very responsible about it and as asked, leaves the phone in her bag in the hallway currently. However I have told Mum that if I ever felt she may just go to her bag to use her phone that I would hold it until Mum arrives to collect and thereafter. Mum understood.
My house my rules.
Its just not worth the risk in my opinion. Having free access to the phone/internet is inviting the world in to your home. I don't even let mindees do a google search without me supervising.

I don't have a policy, just a rule :).

Good luck with yours :thumbsup:

AliceK
06-05-2014, 12:39 PM
I have a policy covering mobile phones and any other equipment a child might bring in that has access to internet eg Tablets, Nintendo DS etc. They are not allowed internet access or to take any photo's or videos. If they break the rules the equipment will be taken away and given to parents at home time. It's to safeguard everyone, them, me and the other children. Even my own children are not allowed to take any photo's / videos with any mindees in them.

xxxx

sarah707
06-05-2014, 05:22 PM
My rules - turn it off - put it in the child's bag (or you could have a designated box if you are worried about security) - absolutely no fiddling with it / playing with it / taking photos with it / going on the internet unsupervised etc etc.

Hth :D