PDA

View Full Version : letter to the head

jashol
06-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Sooo mad :(

My contract ended with a lo a week last Monday am in talking trem with the parents that not the problem the problem is the teacher ( maternity cover teacher)
My daughter is in this class too here goes

Ive been informed today that the lo I used to look after was crying in school on Friday my daughter wasnt in school Thursday and friday last week !! The teacher had said in front of other parents oh lo always crys like this when the child minder collects I was not collecting that day and school know last day was the monday am utterly mad at how dare she try and blame a lo been upset on me collecting ...when for one I no longer have lo and two lo crys when mum collects Im now wanting to write a letter personally to the teacher and copy to the head !!
Would you ? How would you word it ? I work very very hard at my job as do all others

ziggy
06-05-2014, 11:14 AM
She may not have meant it unkindly. I was explaining to new mummy this morning that another mindee (13months) cries every morning.

jashol
06-05-2014, 11:30 AM
I was also told that this teacher had said

" oh will you shut up we had enough of this crying today " then justify it by adding " she always like this when the childminder comes to collect "

The thing is no childminder was collecting it was mum our contract ended .

tess1981
06-05-2014, 11:34 AM
I was also told that this teacher had said

" oh will you shut up we had enough of this crying today " then justify it by adding " she always like this when the childminder comes to collect "

The thing is no childminder was collecting it was mum our contract ended .

Who informed you this was said are they reliable? ?

jashol
06-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Yes very another minder .

jashol
06-05-2014, 11:48 AM
It was sad to the assistant of the child minder and the childminder informed me

tess1981
06-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Yes very another minder .

At least it was an adult... back up if needed but I think I would be raging if a teacher told my daughter to shut up then blamed me for being the reason even if I was picking up.. If she said she had had enough of her crying it seemed to have been going on most of the day and not just at collection time... Therefore it had nothing to do with who collecting

jashol
06-05-2014, 12:08 PM
It doesn't matter who collects even mum has said this herself. But I feel so mad that it was directed to me even though I now longer care for lo and I was not even at the school this day due to my own lo getting her booster jabs I have therefore put a letter into school explaining all that happened that day and that ive sent the letter right to the head of the school due to the nursery class not been place to dissus this on pick up or drop off and id be more than happy to go into school to dissus this with the teacher in question and the head present at a time suitable for us all .......

QualityCare
06-05-2014, 12:19 PM
l would be write something along the lines of, as you are aware that as of xx date l no longer care for X but I understand that X was upset at home time on Friday x date and you were heard to say that "she always.............", as you were aware that l was not collecting X l find this remark very upsetting especially as it was said in front of other parents. Did she always cry when you collected, if as far as you were aware she did not l would add something along the lines of if she always cried (you could add here the 2nd comment passed on to you but l would be wary of getting into a so and so said situation) when l collected why was l or her parents not informed so that we could have all worked together to make home time better for her.

AliceK
06-05-2014, 12:43 PM
It is an absolute hate of mine to hear any adult using the words "shut up" to a child. That alone would make me complain :angry:. I have never used those words to my own children and certainly never would to someone elses child. To me it's quite aggressive and not something I would ever wish to hear coming from a teachers mouth to a child.

xxxx

Goatgirl
06-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Dreadful behaviour on the teacher's part. How rude and not even true! :group hug:
I hope you get a favourable response and ideally an apology :thumbsup:

jashol
06-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Ive sent my letter to the head and wait to hear a reply

jashol
07-05-2014, 03:07 PM
I have a meeting with the head of school on friday ;)