PDA

View Full Version : Regression in toilet training

littleDs31
06-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Have been looking after a little one for over 18mths in which time he has toilet trained and been dry for 12mths. He began nursery 3 days and me two days back in January. During this time I now look after a new baby. He began to have a few toilet accidents at nursery and then at mine. It takes place at mine when I am putting the baby to sleep, even if I send him the toilet before I do this and talk to him about it. These accidents have now become a habit and mum has tried everything and does not no what else she can do. It has become obvious that he is choosing this behaviour rather than Having a medicAl issue. Anyone any suggestions or advice I can pass onto mum? Sorry about the long post.

shortstuff
06-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Sounds as though this might be for attention? Have you tried giving him a big boy job to do while you put baby to bed? A job that only a big boy can do. Maybe its just small like tidy something or wipe something with a wipe?

k-tots
06-05-2014, 11:19 AM
My then 4yr would stand an wee herself when I picked her up from preschool...while I was on mat leave just after having her baby brother. ..she grew out of it...it was just for attention x