PDA

View Full Version : Planning and cross referencing to area of learning

Elkie Mawdsley
05-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Hello everyone

My first ever mindee starts on June 2nd so I'm starting to think about pre-planning some activities.

I know that I should plan in relation to his likes etc, but need something in place for his first few weeks. He has just turned two, and I have a 7 month old of my own, so anything I can tweek to be good for both would be great. Any ideas?

Also, is then cross referencing this to an area of development as hard as I am making it for myself?

Simona
05-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Hello everyone

My first ever mindee starts on June 2nd so I'm starting to think about pre-planning some activities.

I know that I should plan in relation to his likes etc, but need something in place for his first few weeks. He has just turned two, and I have a 7 month old of my own, so anything I can tweek to be good for both would be great. Any ideas?

Also, is then cross referencing this to an area of development as hard as I am making it for myself?

Gather as much info as you can during settling in from the parents but you need to observe the child and establish his/her starting points...difficult to plan unless you know learning style and CoEL

Give yourself 2/3 weeks to gather the starting points with you...what a child does at home matters but what you assess in your setting is also important....that will lead you to plan around interests and adapt activities when your younger one is around too.

All areas of learning interconnect...you need to concentrate on the Prime areas for that age.... and you will find there is repetition in 'outcomes'...just choose the areas you think is best to record them under...
I have done this today in one of the summative assessments and often record it under one area but not the other

Hope this helps :thumbsup: