PDA

View Full Version : 2 yr Progress check -please help!

dolly1985
05-05-2014, 12:53 PM
I have a girl who started on 3rd april and has only been with me about 3 weeks full time as last week parents were on holiday.

She turns 3 on 18th May and I am not sure if I have to do a progress check? She has already had her 2 yr review at the docs but hasn't attended a daycare setting so has no 2yr eyfs progress check.

I have started doing my 'starting points' using observations and photos which have put in a learning journal.

I guess i feel like i don't know her well enough to do a progress check and hand it to the parents when they know her best!!!

Help!!

thank you

hectors house
05-05-2014, 01:47 PM
As she has already had her 2 year check with the health visitor, I would just use the 2 year check form as a kind of "how child has settled in" report - I'm sure the parents won't mind if it is brief and it could be a good communication prompt for the parent to discuss what else the child can actual do that you may not have observed yet.

Simona
05-05-2014, 01:50 PM
I have a girl who started on 3rd april and has only been with me about 3 weeks full time as last week parents were on holiday.

She turns 3 on 18th May and I am not sure if I have to do a progress check? She has already had her 2 yr review at the docs but hasn't attended a daycare setting so has no 2yr eyfs progress check.

I have started doing my 'starting points' using observations and photos which have put in a learning journal.

I guess i feel like i don't know her well enough to do a progress check and hand it to the parents when they know her best!!!

Help!!

thank you

This is what I would do if I were in your situation.... so I could show Ofsted I have a progress check in place and following requirements.

Note the starting points since she has attended your setting and do a summative assessment before she turns 3 on the 18th May.
Share with the parents and if you have any concerns discuss with them otherwise the check will be fine if all is proceeding according to expectations.
Has mum reported anything from her child's review?

Once the Progress check is done and she is 3 years of age add the other 4 areas of learning and continue doing her LJ as per normal.
If the child has not attended anywhere else then you have nothing to share from them...start fresh and I would say that is ok...we can't help it if children have a check before they come to us...does it help?

Good luck

blue bear
05-05-2014, 02:11 PM
I'd do a progress report based on what you have seen in the first weeks, I'd ask parents to highlight on the tracker what the child can do in their opinion and add that into check. So Ella counts to three, for example when handeding put the plates for the teddy bears picnic she counted the plates, then the spoons and the cups. At home mummy say Ella counts to 10.

dolly1985
05-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Ok thanks guys!!