PDA

View Full Version : Seeking a non Thomas Tomy train.. X

jadavi
04-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Hi

I saw a train and track set made by Tomy at our local group. They click together - maybe three carriages and have a little indentation where you can put a play person . Grey track. Very chunky and toddler looking rather than older child brio kind.
I'd like to get them but can't find them anywhere.
Toys R Us said all their Tony trains are Thomas

Is it an old model? Anyone got any idea of the name so I can hunt online?

Thanks xx.

Rachel23
04-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Hi, I don't have a tomy one but I do have the happyland one which is suitable for younger children. Mine looks like this one but my track is purple and I also have a blue road. The train is great as will go on it's own if a person is put inside and ca be pushed without. The track can be made as big or small as you want x

alex__17
04-05-2014, 06:08 PM
We have the happyland one pictured, my son and mindees loves it and its on constantly if out. Picked mine up locally on eBay for £7 too, you might be lucky and get a bargain on there

jadavi
04-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Thanks yes I have that one actually and it is lovely.

This other one caught my fancy and its annoying I can't run it to ground. I liked it because you can put different people on each carriage.

sing-low
04-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Not exactly what you describe but there is a Thomas duplo set with a track as another alternative. Pricey though so eBay might be the best option.

miffy
04-05-2014, 07:27 PM
I think I have some of this in the loft but not sure if the track is blue or grey or a mixture (belonged to ds2 so probably late 80's, early 90's). Have a look on ebay - if you can't find what you want I'll ask DH to dig mine out of the loft and let you know what I've got.

Miffy xx

jadavi
05-05-2014, 08:11 AM
Thanks miffy

I'd be surprised if it was that old as it looked newish at group. I'll look again more closely this week. I find I need a change of toys even if the mindees don't!

clareelizabeth1
05-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Thanks miffy I'd be surprised if it was that old as it looked newish at group. I'll look again more closely this week. I find I need a change of toys even if the mindees don't!

Can you take a pick of it then someone might be able to tell you.

jadavi
05-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Thanks yes I'll do that.