PDA

View Full Version : feeling guilty :/ (probably pointless post)

Elkie Mawdsley
03-05-2014, 03:18 PM
I'm feeling rather guilty as I am going to have to let a very nice parent down.

It's all my own fault really - as I have two schools fairly close to me - one walking distance of 10 -the other driving of about 8 mins, so when I startes advertising I said I wasn't yet committed to either school.

This week, I had two sets of school parents visit, one for each school. They were both scheduled for tuesday initially, but one parent rearranged to Friday.

Tuesday meeting went well - before and after school care mon - fri for a 4 year old.

Anyway, by Friday, I hadn't heard from tuesdays parent, so decided to go ahead with the next meeting - which was only for 3 days collection, but better than nothing.

During the meeting I received a message from tuesdays parents wanting to sign me up - but I obviously didn't read it until the mum had gone. In fact- by time I read it - fridays mum had also messaged to say the same.

I obviously need to take the higher paying one as i'm new to this, and I have had another enquiry for that school now also - so makesthw decision much easier.

Have spent the morning trying to find another minder near me who does do that school so I can be helpful during let down but no luck.

Pointless post really, jyst needed to share my guilt :/

Kiddleywinks
03-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Is it possible the school could keep hold of the 2nd child till you get there?

I collect 3 from a different school to the other 2 and the 3 wait in the office till I get there (school agreed to do this)

sarah707
03-05-2014, 04:26 PM
some schools end at different times - I can just about do our 2 (it's a bit of a rush but I can do it) ... x

Elkie Mawdsley
05-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Anyone know a nice way to decline offering a place?

jadavi
05-05-2014, 02:14 PM
You could just be honest and say an earlier inquiry signed the contract for another school so hers was too late.

wee_elf
05-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Yep I agree and just be honest, you are sorry but another parent got in there first x

Elkie Mawdsley
06-05-2014, 05:21 AM
Thank you both. Feel awful for letting her down, but wouldn't feel comfortable doing both schools - wpuld always be panicking I'd be late.

k1rstie
06-05-2014, 06:41 AM
Hi. Do you have any children of your own at school, which school would be easiest for them?

If you had children under school age, I personally would only take on mindees if they fitted in with the school my own child would go to.

It's not always about the one who will pay the most.....

Elkie Mawdsley
06-05-2014, 08:01 AM
Hi K1rstie. I do have a son - but he is only 7 months old, so school seems a long way off yet. The school I have received a contract for is closer and means I would not need to use the car etc.