PDA

View Full Version : Hand Towels!

Velleity
03-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Sorry ~ not the most exciting subject I'm afraid :laughing:

I am looking for hand towels in at least eight different colours. I'd like them to have a 'circle thing' ~ can't think of the technical term! So I can hand each one on a hook without it easily falling off. Googling 'hand towel with a hole in it didn't work >_< ... Do you know what I mean!? If you just hang them without the hole to go on the hook, they just all end up on the floor. Any suggestions??

Have a good weekend!

JKL
03-05-2014, 09:25 AM
I've just sewn ribbon tags onto one corner to create a loop. Would this work for you? x

Velleity
03-05-2014, 09:27 AM
I've never sewn anything before :p

JKL
03-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Lol, sounds like a good time to give it a go. Ribbon's a lot cheaper than new towels! xx

clareelizabeth1
03-05-2014, 09:39 AM
Or use a book ring you can get 20 for a few £ on ebay.

FloraDora
03-05-2014, 10:09 AM
I bought loads from a hotel supplier and roll them up in a basket with a little wicker bin to put them in after use. Take and shake a new one each time and put it in the laundry bin. Wash once a week. Saves me trying to keep them to their own towel and We use upstairs and downstairs so same system in both. I also use white apron when cooking and white tea towels so they all go in one wash. ....but I only work 3 days a week.

sing-low
03-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Or you could get an eyelet punch and punch holes into them that way. I also bought (ages ago from Lakeland, I think) some plastic hooks that snapped onto tea towels.

Emra81
03-05-2014, 11:47 AM
I use flannels from ikea...think they were £1 each, they're a decent size and they've already got a little loop sewn into them so I have them hanging off magnetic hooks attached to the radiator in my downstairs loo...

chriss
03-05-2014, 12:45 PM
you mean like the holes in curtains that you use with a pole ? that would be a great idea !! Never seen them though

loocyloo
03-05-2014, 02:17 PM
I use flannels from ikea...think they were £1 each, they're a decent size and they've already got a little loop sewn into them so I have them hanging off magnetic hooks attached to the radiator in my downstairs loo...

That's what I use. :-)
Mine are on shower curtain plastic hoop things that attach to the towel rail in downstairs toilet. Each plastic hoop has a laminated name tag and then I change the 'towel' each day.

Elkie Mawdsley
03-05-2014, 03:07 PM
I have the Ikea ones too - although mindees haven't started yet so they are just sitting waiting to be put out and used.

Dragonfly
03-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Loop! as one person said that is what it is called.:)