PDA

View Full Version : Changing from ad hoc

smurfette
02-05-2014, 08:44 AM
I have a little one ad hoc at the moment, have her most weeks one or two mornings

From sept mum wants either three regular mornings or at least one full day depending on what I have available

This is great and fits nicely, however I have been a bit lenient about not charging when she isn't here

We did have an agreement that I wouldn't charge if I got two weeks notice but that's not really worked out,, her big sister has cystic fibrosis so is in hospital a lot and often has to go in for two weeks... But she may not get a bed immediately she is meant to. In this situation they send Lo I care for to relatives 300 miles away, this last time she was there three weeks as big
Sis didn't get a bed for a week
I didn't feel I could or should charge for this, it's not fair they have enough on their plate.

I also didn't charge one day when I excluded her as there was sickness bug in their house.. Couldn't charge as she wasn't sick but I had two mums heavily pregnant and one with a new baby and it didn't feel worth it for 15 euros to have her! They were fine about it and tried to pay me but turned out there was no sickness mum
Had a bout of anxiety and dad didn't know what to say!

Obviously though if she is gonna take more hours it will need a contract and I will need to be paid regardless, though I am
Thinking maybe half
Fees if Lo goes to relatives if other one is in hospital. How to broach it and what's fair?!

sarah707
02-05-2014, 09:36 AM
New contract = new terms and conditions = new fees policy ... sit down and talk it all through with mum and explain that you have to have a consistent income.

Hth :D

shortstuff
04-05-2014, 07:35 AM
As Sarah said just be open and have a good chat with them letting them know this is what needs to happen.

Im sure they appreciate the flexibility you have shown but must realise that you are running a business too x

Simona
05-05-2014, 08:39 AM
I have a little one ad hoc at the moment, have her most weeks one or two mornings

From sept mum wants either three regular mornings or at least one full day depending on what I have available

This is great and fits nicely, however I have been a bit lenient about not charging when she isn't here

We did have an agreement that I wouldn't charge if I got two weeks notice but that's not really worked out,, her big sister has cystic fibrosis so is in hospital a lot and often has to go in for two weeks... But she may not get a bed immediately she is meant to. In this situation they send Lo I care for to relatives 300 miles away, this last time she was there three weeks as big
Sis didn't get a bed for a week
I didn't feel I could or should charge for this, it's not fair they have enough on their plate.

I also didn't charge one day when I excluded her as there was sickness bug in their house.. Couldn't charge as she wasn't sick but I had two mums heavily pregnant and one with a new baby and it didn't feel worth it for 15 euros to have her! They were fine about it and tried to pay me but turned out there was no sickness mum
Had a bout of anxiety and dad didn't know what to say!

Obviously though if she is gonna take more hours it will need a contract and I will need to be paid regardless, though I am
Thinking maybe half
Fees if Lo goes to relatives if other one is in hospital. How to broach it and what's fair?!

An 'ad hoc' contract means the child can come to you only if you have an available space...that is why it is ad hoc...as and when needed subject to a place
I had this with the over 8 but more difficult to put in place for 0-5 because of the ratio

If this child had been coming to you 'regularly'...that is not ad hoc and you may be missing out
In an 'ad hoc' contract we cannot charge when children do not attend because of what ad hoc is

If you feel this child will continue to come to you regularly then yes do a contract and all parties agree to its new terms and payment

Good luck