PDA

View Full Version : three week old

Karen1
01-05-2014, 05:39 PM
hi

I had a call today from a mum of a three week old wanting temporary care one day a week for 7 weeks. starting next week.

now she is coming to see me tomorrow, what do you think I should have equipment wise- as this is only a temp contract??

any tips or advice, not had a child this young (other than own).. tia

chriss
01-05-2014, 05:52 PM
not too much needed for that age I think. A safe place to sleep and a buggy. or am I being a bit thick lol. Sounds lovely though, a tinY one :)

dolly1985
01-05-2014, 05:57 PM
I had this lady enquire earlier!!

greanan
01-05-2014, 08:41 PM
At this age they aren't going to need much equipment and will prob spend most time sleeping - have fun. Be lovely having a tiny one

singlewiththree
03-05-2014, 07:09 AM
I had a child 3 days a week from this age, he is starting school in Sept.

I had permission to use a sling and to be honest he spent a lot of time in there as developed colic and dairy intolerance. Plus its a safe place for him to be a toddler groups as other minders/parents kept asking for cuddles but I said the parents had requested that only I care for him.

I used a baby bouncer chair, lie flat pram in the house and the car seat and sling. it was mostly eat, poo, sleep and he just fitted in.

Karen1
03-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Thanks for all the replies. The mum said yes. its only for a temporary seven weeks, but fits in fine with one leaving and one starting. so on that day will have a 17 month old and this little one. Mum will bring pram and car seat, mum said she wants baby to sleep in the pram, not travel cot (all fine), but think I will just get a bouncer. Sling is a good idea-but will wait to see if I feel I need it, it is for such a short contract.
Have everything else all ready to go, will be exciting having a very small one around again. Plus the other child I have his mum is pregnant so will be a good experience for him too.