PDA

View Full Version : How to stick signage to fabric boxes?

clare83
30-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Hi, does anyone have the fabric boxes which go in the ikea Expedit unit. How have you managed to put signage on them for labelling resources? Thanks

wee_elf
30-04-2014, 07:17 PM
I have the same boxes and was planning to use Velcro dots, not actually tried it yet though! Xx

hectors house
30-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Have they got a handle, if so make your labels like luggage labels and attach with string. If not then you could use velco dots or staple them on. I have in the past used sticky back plastic but they don't stay on the fabric boxes for long.

Bundle
30-04-2014, 09:02 PM
I have these too. And I haven't got round to it yet either. I'm just at the beginning of registering so at the moment I'm running round chasing my tail trying to do EVERYTHING! :panic:

I was going to use Velcro too, the one that's like tape. I think it's called 'stick & stick'?

Hope you get it sorted!

clare83
30-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Have they got a handle, if so make your labels like luggage labels and attach with string. If not then you could use velco dots or staple them on. I have in the past used sticky back plastic but they don't stay on the fabric boxes for long.

Great idea about luggage labels. Some have handles and some have finger holes so this would work. How do you categorise the toys. I have lots of under 3 items (stacking cups, rings, shape sorter and bricks ect) have no idea where to start.....

hectors house
01-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Great idea about luggage labels. Some have handles and some have finger holes so this would work. How do you categorise the toys. I have lots of under 3 items (stacking cups, rings, shape sorter and bricks ect) have no idea where to start.....

I have about 3 boxes with activity type toys, shape sorters, different types of stacking activities - each one is for a different age group eg: one shape sorter has only 4 holes, one shape sorter cube has 16 holes - one stacking ring set is a straight pole so it doesn't really matter which order they go on, one set they have to put on in correct order.

I have 3 (what I call) toddler activity boxes
box of Duplo - playmobile - wooden bricks - stickle bricks - 3 boxes of Happyland, people, animal, vehicles, buildings, Treasure basket - small vehicle box - large vehicle box - painting box - arts/craft/colouring box - playdough box - soft dolls, toys, puppets - magnetic things (letters, shapes, numbers - magnetix) in with lacing activities (buttons, cards) - Barbies - Animal hospital building, animals, vehicles, people

I take a photo of contents of each box and print 2 copies & laminate - one copy goes on outside of box, the other one I use for the children to chose what they want to play with as my toys are mostly stored in my garage/toy store.

AliceK
01-05-2014, 07:22 AM
I have the fabric boxes for my Expedit unit and I don't have labels on them.

xxx

munch149
01-05-2014, 09:15 AM
I have the fabric boxes for my Expedit unit and I don't have labels on them. xxx

Me either I never figured out how too. I just always keep the toys in the same place and the children know where to find them