PDA

View Full Version : X Mindee

donnahay0
24-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Oh how lovely, I received a beautiful photograph, drawing and letter from an X-mindee and his Mum. The little boy wanted to send me a photo so I would never forget him. I also spoke to them on the telephone. In her reference she said she only wished she could move me up with them.

I must admit I really miss this little lad and his mum - he used to come in and say "what we gonna learn about this week Donna".

It's times like that when you really think your job is worth while. I used to be rather embarrassed when people asked me what job I did and I would say "Oh, i'm just a childminder". Well that has all changed now and I am really proud to be able to say what I do and love to raise to profile of childminders.

Bushpig
24-07-2008, 10:29 PM
'Well that has all changed now and I am really proud to be able to say what I do and love to raise to profile of childminders.'
Good for you Donna!!! What a lovely family :)

I had a very well paid corporate *high profile* job in publishing in Piccadilly Circus till April last year, and when I started childminding and turned my back on the rat race, all of my childless friends thought I was MAD!!! Especially as I do not have a child of my own. They said I would be unhappy blah blah. Well they can have it. The major deadline stress, the hurry to get from A to B, the back stabbing, the suits.

Give me a snotty baby and a poo nappy anyday :p

donnahay0
24-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Well you haven't left it all behind - what about all the paperwork stress and deadlines we have to meet when the inspector comes calling. :panic:

angeldelight
25-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Thats lovely Donna

What a lovely family and they must have thought a lot of you

Hope they continue to stay in touch

Angel xx

Pedagog
25-07-2008, 07:00 AM
Oh how lovely. Its nice when you get a nice family.

Eagles4ever
25-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Ah that's really sweet

Sue